The Alexandra Hospital

Mill Lane, Cheadle, Cheshire, England, SK8 2PX

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

19th May 2022

Welcomed warmly and given clear directions where we needed to go

12th May 2022

Friendly staff, except for the reception

12th May 2022

Amazing around the clock care from all the staff I met. Everyone was lovely!

2nd May 2022

I have been under the care and guidance from Mr Gnanalingham since 2018 due to prolapse at C5/6 level – at no time have I felt a lack of understanding as he has a unique way of dealing with you in a professional but personal manner. Our consultations have been on time, simple to understand as he uses the latest scans to clearly demonstrate what the problem is and he offers a clear diagnosis and is always interested in your own thoughts. When I have had injections, which are an anxious time, both he and his team have a natural relaxed way which ultimately eases your anxiety. He discusses your life with a genuine interest – you can even have a laugh with him. On a separate note, Mr Gnanalingham has the most efficient PA I have ever met – Vaani, you are a credit to the Gnanalingham team as you make people feel relaxed right from the outset.

26th April 2022

After being ignored by many GPs about pains I was having particularly around my period, which was so bad I would spend days in bed. In addition to this, I had sever hip pain which stopped me from going out as I could not walk amongst many other things. I was eventually referred to The Alexandra Hospital where I met Dr. A. Pickersgill who was the first person to properly listen to me and take my symptoms seriously. He suggested that it was likely to be endometriosis, which it ultimately was, this was removed during a laparoscopy. Dr Pickersgill was amazing from start to finish, during every appointment and during my experience at the hospital to have my operation. I had my operation during the COVID-19 pandemic and thus no one was allowed to join me, Dr Pickersgill made me feel so comfortable during this time. Since my operation all my pain has almost disappeared and I haven’t had any pain in my hip since. I couldn’t recommend Dr Pickersgill enough.

26th April 2022

I cannot recommend this hospital enough . I stayed here as a private patient after having a large surgery . The nursing staff were amazing , kind , friendly , attentive , respectful . Nothing was too much trouble for them . They knock before entering your room also which was really important to me as I suffer from severe anxiety and when people just walk in when I’m asleep or unaware it can make me so upset , but none of this here . The chef was so nice ! The menu for vegans is I’m sorry to say shocking . The menu for omnivores is very extensive , but there was a very odd print out of random items for vegans . BUT the chef sent a message up saying what do you want and he actually made me my favourite go to comfort food which is what I needed after a big surgery (vegan sausage, mash , peas and vegan gravy) I could have kissed him ! Honestly as someone terrified of hospitals and with really bad anxiety I had nothing to worry about here . I will always be grateful for their kindness . The difference in care from private to NHS is in fact sadly very noticeable and this was my first and only private experience. I do believe they treat NHS patients also as far as I know . I highly recommend The Alexandra and it’s staff .

22nd April 2022

Please put a wardrobe or a coat hook to hang your coats on in the room (Chester 15) I had to put my coats in the floor.

12th April 2022

Always a pleasant experience when attending The Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle.

31st March 2022

Having been diagnosed with breast cancer in November 2021 (invasive ductal carcinoma grade 3) and under the care of Mr Dave and his team including my breast care nurse Gill at the Nightingale breast unit at Wythenshawe. From my first meeting with Mr Dave he explained the situation and treatment clearly and concisely which was reassuring at the time and without feeling rushed. Mr Dave has been extremely thorough and I have been well informed on all aspects of my treatment, He was very patient with me as I always had a lot of questions to asked, he took the time to explain everything in a way that I understood. Mr Dave has empathy with his patients and this shows in the care that was given to me. I have been extremely anxious at appointments and Mr Dave has always had a calming manner showing respect throughout. Mr Dave explained the procedure as I opted to have bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction, and the results are excellent. At follow up appointments he went through all further treatment that I would require. I would highly recommend Mr Dave he is an excellent Surgeon and treats all patients with empathy and puts patients at ease. I would like to thank him personally for all the wonderful care I received.

25th February 2022

I had a overnight stay at the Alex BMI after having plastic surgery. The staff on the Richmond Ward where attentive, showed empathy and demonstrated excellent bed side manner skills. The hospital was clean and the food, very good. Highly recommend

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
{{category}} working at The Alexandra Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Alexandra Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3qj