st-richards-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 29,973 reviews Write a review

St Richard's Hospital

Spitalfield Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, England, PO19 6SE

15th April 2019

St Richards is an epitome of the NHS at its very best! I was an emergency admission going on to have a pacemaker inserted and so experienced the Emergency Room, the Cardiac Ward and the Cardiac Laboratory/Recovery Rooms. All the staff, both medical and non medical, day and night in all these areas were excellent. They were professional, efficient, helpful, kind and charming! All the procedures were carefully explained and carried out accordingly. The wards were regularly cleaned to a high standard and the meals were varied, appetising and well presented. I cannot praise our local hospital highly enough. Thank you.

15th March 2019

I had contact with three separate individuals. When given an ECG I do think it would be pleasant to treat the patient with a little more dignity, it is embarrassing to have to sit stripped to the waist in a brightly lit room. The stickers could have been placed under my bra which had no wires. I had had an ECG fitted at the GP and they were able to do it without having to remove my clothing. The bed for the echocardiogram was really not fit for purpose you had to lie in an awkward position and as it was slippery you kept sliding down as well. Having to hold your breath on your side with one arm over your head at an angle to the bed and try and not slide down was far from pleasant. I have no idea how less able patients manage to lie on their side for this procedure. The nurse who fitted my event monitor was an absolute delight (Jane) - thank you so much for making the experience so less stressful for me. What a difference it makes to a patient to have somebody who showed empathy and understanding and even a lovely sense of humour.

23rd January 2019

Great Care and understanding by Macmillan Urology Clinical Nurse Annette Martyn. Thank you

8th January 2019

Excellent care.

4th January 2019

It is difficult to recommend a department that gave me the wrong advice. Also I was surprised to be sent home after only one set of observations. I had been found unconscious in the road after being knocked off my bike and taken in by ambulance.

{{category}} working at St Richard's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Richard's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43w