St Richard's Hospital

Spitalfield Lane, Chichester, West Sussex, England, PO19 6SE

1 2 3 4 5 30,004 reviews

5th July 2021

I had surgery at St Richards 28/06/21 from the time i entered pre-admission i was cared for by wonderful staff, Surgeon explained the procedure and had time to listen to any concerns etc nothing was rushed which made me feel at ease.All concerned there were Marvellous.Moved to Chillgrove ward where again the care was 100 percent, Nurses having to do all extra precautions due to covid ( hand washing, sanitising etc) after each patient contact .Jeff the night nurse was a tonic. I would like to Thank all pre-admission staff ,Nurses ,carers on the wards,Tea/biscuit and meals staff.You all do a fantastic job,when you see what these NHS staff have to do first hand this makes you appreciate them even more.

7th June 2021

I am marking this review as good, because although a certain few members of staff we way below a standard I would expect - others were excellent and couldn't do enough for us. However - they really need to review their COVID rules and how they are enforced. We recently had to return with a 5 day old new-born who was loosing too much weight, we attended the ward, and had our notes taken - but due to "Covid" we were then made to stand outside the ward with a mask-less 5 day old, for 26 minutes, during that time over 20+ people walked past us, either too or from the lifts. Eventually my wife complained, and we were then allowed inside the ward and shown to an empty room where we could feed/change. Covid rules are not being enforced correctly if they result in a non vaccinated new-born being made to stand in a busy passageway.

6th June 2021

Best a and e experience I have had. My husband had an infection in his finger and was sent there by a pharmacist. The whole experience was less than 40 minutes, including self booking in, triage, consultation and treatment, and he walked out with drugs in his hand. Brilliant care and dedication

29th May 2021

I was in geriatric ward with very disturbed patients; Has no sleep whatsoever. i would have loved to have a shower and washed my hair, but was told the showers were not working. The food was dreadful. I should have been in a orthopaedic ward not the madhouse I was in. Couldn't wait get home. The physios were fantastic.

11th May 2021

I cannot praise the staff at the A&E department more highly. I attended as I had been experiencing chest pains. The young nurse that cared for me taking bloods, ECG etc was so kind and made sure that I was ok at regular intervals even though the department was manic. Unfortunately I didn’t get her name but she was approx 5 ft tall and had her dark hair tied back in a pony tail. I also saw Dr Searle he was amazing he put me at ease straight away and after explaining everything that had been done and checking me over I had an X-ray. Thankfully I had no problem with my heart. Please say Thankyou for everything and the care is received whilst I was there.

7th March 2021

I received outstanding, first class care at St Richards in the A&E Department and the Emergency Care Department. Their care, empathy, professionalism was constant. All staff that I came into contact with, could not do enough for me. I applaud them and all NHS staff. Thank you.

18th February 2021

I Iam a career for my step father with cancer and Alzheimer's the ambulance drivers were absolutely amazing with my stepfather and the level of care so far has been outstanding so thank you x

27th January 2021

All of the staff are working under so much pressure and I cannot thank them enough for the wonderful care I have received as an inpatient and outpatient. I felt so reassured facing complex surgery and so grateful for the after care I have received. Thank you to everyone at St. Richards hospital.

11th January 2021

I have had minor and major surgery at St Richards Hospital I was give the utmost care and attention to detail All staff I found very helpful So pleased we have them ,yes Brilliant NHS with top staff

29th November 2020

They could not have looked after me any better . First class .

{{category}} working at St Richard's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Richard's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43w