St Mary's Hospital

Praed Street, London, England, W2 1NY

1st January 2018

I was taken to St Mary's by ambulance and despite clear indication that I had s colon problem and all my initial tests being grossly abnormal the pre qualified overseas doctor failed to follow protocol and sent me to a ward without completing my care or checking with a Senior. She misdiagnos d me with a urinary infection when in fact I had a perforated colon. I am lucky to still be alive due to delays whivh caused Severe Sepsis and Pulmonary damage. Worse still the hospital tried to cover it up and did not tell me the extent of what happened to me until an investigation was launched. My treatment on Charles Pannet Ward at the hands of e nurse called Pil Joo Kim was the worst part of it. He treated myself and an elderly patientin an abusive manner. The other nurses did not like him and also felt bullied by him. I remain chronically ill over a year later due to the failures in my care. I note the glowing reviews which I consider in some instances are not genuine. The Care Quality Commission have stated that this hospital needs improvement and is not safe.

21st November 2017

Overall very good Hospital.

29th June 2017

I attended A&E on 28/06 for bleeding in pregnancy. I was accompanied with a friend. I booked in at reception. Then I was assessed by a man (name and job title not declared) through a hole in a wall. He checked my blood pressure temp and pulse through the hole in the wall. I asked him for a pad and he told me to go to the shop outside. My friend then had to find a nurse and request a pad which was then provided. I was later seen by a nurse who did not declare her name (I discovered it later on the document I was given) she did not look at me throughout the whole assessment, she said she was trying to make a referral but the call wasn't being answered. She then advised me to sit outside. She came out later to my friend and I and explained to my friend (not me) that she was still trying to contact the department. She later came back to me with my discharge paper which had an appointment time and no location. She put the paper In my hand and said nothing and walked away. No advice was given, no reassuarance and details of what the referral was for. I promptly went to another hospital, was assessed with compassion and saw a gynaecology doctor shortly afterwards. I am a nurse and I will never ever go back to St Mary's accident and emergency department.

14th May 2017

Looked after both my very elderly parents with skill and tenderness - many thanks

28th November 2016

I received great care from all the staff, before during & after my operation. I was very nervous but felt reassured by the whole team. Many thanks for taking such great care of me. The NHS is wonderful and for that i am so greatful