St Mary's Hospital

Parkhurst Road, Newport, Isle of Wight, England, PO30 5TG

1 2 3 4 5 27,107 reviews

Written by a NHS patient
16th May 2021

They missed a mal8gnant growth despite TWO reports clearly stating this Told me it was fine, did nothing. Had been reported shoukd be on pathway for 2 week follow up. Reports later discovered by myself and a mainland Consultant in a dofferent specialism BY ACCIDENT. Then St. Mary's promised to make amends but just continued to be slipshod and even lied claiming to have sought a Multidisciplinary team meeting with a mainland specialist unit. They even gave a date for the fictional meeting and claimed to have sent scans etc. The mainland team had never heard of me and received nothing. I am now being treated at a mainland unit where I am not the only patient let down by the Isle of Wight. The original faure was on a ward but the lies come from Urology as I have a k8dney malignancy. Also NO regard to patient dignity. Unless you want to play games with your life give this odious department a wide berth.

Safe
Review of Gynae Outpatient Department, written by a patient
21st November 2020

I was referred by my GP for a two week wait appointment. I was understandably anxious about my possible condition and the treatment I may need to have. My appointment was dealt with in a compassionate, caring, understanding and calm way helping to alleviate my anxieties. The procedure and what would happen were explained to me in advance and throughout the procedure and I felt reassured that my needs and dignity were respected at all times. All the staff involved in my appointment were professional and caring throughout. There was nothing that could have been improved upon.

The only thing that would have been useful was that the appointment letter gave no indication of what info I may need to give in terms of history etc, and this would have saved time in the appointment.

Experience

{{category}} working at St Mary's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Mary's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43g