St Helena Hospice

Myland Hall, Barncroft Close, Highwoods, Colchester, CO4 9JU

1 2 3 4 5 2,678 reviews

29th December 2020

Although I had telephone counselling and so can't comment on location or staff, I have no reason to think that my answers would be any different.

Review of Bereavement , written by
26th December 2020

Because of my carried bereavement situation ie my husband, close sister in law a very clear overtime, my elder brother and my younger brother becoming suddenly unwell. I was afforded in excess of ten months counselling with a { } at easing back until I was ready to allow myself to stop and my counsellor felt I was ready too. I was assured if I needed further sessions to give the hospice a call.

The service could not have been better, I felt it was an excellent service and at all times I was very well supported, with no rush to end my sessions. My family wants to give them praise too. I am fully aware its stretched much needed service. A big thank you.

10th December 2020

I was able to speak to Lindy about how I felt about the loss of a close family friend and she listened to everything I had to say. She was very kind and patient and helped me over a particularly difficult time. I felt much better at the end of my counselling sessions. Thankyou.

I thought the whole counselling experience was just right for me.

9th December 2020

The service was a great support after being bereaved I was given time to talk and felt it was a great help and a great listener I would recommend the service to anyone who needs it.

Nothing

9th December 2020

A few years ago I had multiple bereavements in a short period of time. I didn't seek out support as I thought I could manage, however after a crazy 2020 to do some self-reflection and decided to speak to someone. My counsellor Chris was really kind throughout, talking weekly calls allowed me to process everything that happened and hopefully help my future.

6th December 2020

My wife was diagnosed with untreatable multiple cancers on the 17th November 2020. We were both told that it would be a matter of weeks, not months. She wanted to be at home with me and die at home, I was able to take her home late that afternoon. The following day we were contacted by the Virtual Ward staff and within two hours one of the nurses (Ross) arrived to cary out an assessment. He arranged for Virtual Ward nurses / carers to attend night and morning, starting that evening. What can I say, her treatment and care was first class throughout. She was treated with dignity, respect. care and compassion right up to the last morning of her life. As I was nursing my wife the rest of the time, they took the time to look after me as well. Sadly my wife passed away in my arms on the 2nd of December, ironically it was her 88th birthday. Subsequently I have received phone calls to check on my wellbeing. A wonderful organisation and staff.

4th December 2020

My councillor Kim has really helped me over the last few months. I lost my husband in April to cancer at such a young age and I was feeling so low and like I didn’t want to be here anymore I just wanted my husband. Since having this help I feel so much better about things and the way I see things, I’m learning how to be happy again and how to look after myself when I’m feeling sad. Without the help from my councillor I don’t think I would of honestly got through it but here I am all finished my counselling and feeling really proud of myself because of how far I have come. And for thank I thank you so much for all your help.

Nothing everything was perfect I got the help I needed

Review of Rehab Team, written by
26th November 2020

Julia asked professional at all times and treated everyone equally. She is a great asset to the course.

Improved the available networking video software which caused several problems for the group. However a better improvemnt would of course he face to face!

Review of Bereavement , written by a family member
13th November 2020

My Counsellor Kim has helped me in my journey from recovering from my mother and sister passing within 5 months of each other from cancer related conditions. Without Kim’s care and guidance and enormous experience and empathy I was struggling with my loss. She gave me the confidence to be kind to myself and reassured me when I fell down. I shall forever be grateful for her kind and wise words.

Visiting whilst at the beginning of Covid was chaotic and the goal posts changed daily! My sister died at this time and we still feel the depths of despair over not being able to be with her for long.

13th November 2020

After losing my Nan in January 2020, I referred myself to the bereavement service. Due to the coronavirus, I was offered weekly telephone calls with a lady called Lindy. I immediately felt comfortable with Lindy and was able to share my feelings. Although I will always feel the sadness of losing my Nan, Lindy has made it easier to work through, just by listening to how I’m feeling. She has spoken to me on some of the worst days of my life so far and I’m grateful I got to speak to her and listen to her advice. Thank you for this wonderful charity.

Short link to review St Helena Hospice: http://iwgc.net/emp8p