St George's Hospital

Blackshaw Road, London, England, SW17 0QT

« 1 2 3 4 »

8th March 2019

Fantastic support form every member of staff I encountered. Most of my appointments were at The Rose Centre. Reception always friendly and helpful, all the nurses and doctors I saw were without exception, efficient, respectful, friendly and sensitive. I can thoroughly recommend the hospital and feel it shows the NHS at it's best!

21st February 2019

Hospital refuses to tell what size my brain tumour is, despite the obvious fact i have reasonable need to know. I made a subject access request to find out and they ignored it. So I made a complaint and they ignored that too. The fact they refuse to tell me means I cannot plan my life accordingly. My perception is that they are victimising me because I exposed a corrupt consultant in 2016.

19th February 2019

N/A

16th February 2019

I am a brain tumour patient. I had my annual scan to see how much bigger the tumour is: HOSPITAL REFUSES TO TELL ME THE SIZE. I made a subject access request - which should not have been necessary - and they ignored it. So i made a complaint and they ignored that too. I am being victimised for highlighting corrupt behaviour by a consultant a few years ago.

9th January 2019

I have only had one stay in this or any hospital for major surgery and so I was not sure what to expect. A first class surgeon (and team, no doubt) performed what turned out to be a very successful operation. The nursing on the recovery ward was superb and I was treated with respect throughout by nurses of differing nationalities. Now the downside. The one thing that lets this hospital down more than anything else, is the Pharmacy. I noticed many times when my wife was treated for cancer at St. George's, the lack of coordination between 'staff' and pharmacy. One is given a discharge time only to find that you have to wait several hours to leave because you are waiting for the Pharmacy to dispense your drugs. On one such occasion, we left the hospital on the basis that I would return later that evening to pick up the drugs. It turned out that all were not dispensed and had to make a further visit the next morning to collect the remainder. Following my own discharge from St. George's at 13:00hrs, it was not until two hours later that I complained bitterly - along with others that day. One of the nurses kindly applied some pressure and within 20 minutes I was out the door with my prescription which my local chemist could have supplied. I am told that St. George's is not unique and that this happens in most hospitals. To me it just undoes all the great work that the nurses do. It must embarrass them no end. Surely the hospital needs to free up beds asap. Is there not a solution?

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at St George's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St George's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4z4