St George's Hospital

Blackshaw Road, London, England, SW17 0QT

3rd October 2018

I was referred initially for a gall bladder ultrasound scan and at this appointment a mass was found on my kidney. Throughout all appointments, blood tests, scans, both ultrasound and CT, pre assessment and out patients I have received excellent care and consideration. I was very impressed with the out patients clinic as one of the nurses was able to keep those waiting updated as to how many patients were ahead of them. This I thought an excellent idea as it assisted in preventing the frustration of waiting without any idea of how long the wait could be. It also made me feel like I was being treated as an individual and that there was a genuine care fore my well being. Especially as some clinics were very busy and there is a delay. All staff maintained a professional but friendly manner despite what must be a very exhausting schedule.

23rd September 2018

Thank you very much received great care.

5th September 2018

Fantastic hospital, without exception the staff I have seen are first class. I have been an inpatient, outpatient and seen as an A&E patient and the level of medical and pastoral care is amazing. I stayed as an inpatient for a week, recovering from a major operation and found the level of care by both nurses and care workers at every level was exceptional. As an outpatient the plastics dressing clinic were amazing, giving care and advice on wound care helping to ensure a swift and complete recovery. The hospital environment is clean and the staff friendly, professional and caring.

25th July 2018

incredible hospital

19th July 2018

Re my Kidney removal surgery on May 31st last. Not being so great at all the technical terms, my condition was also explained to me in layman terms very nicely. It helped me trust completely in Mr Anderson and his great team. Pre-op assessment people were lovely. I found them warm and helpful, very nice atmosphere in their department. On op day every stage from arrival to post op ran smoothly - like well oiled machinery - and just how it was explained in surgery school! I felt completely calm, not one bit nervous (seriously!) I have had operations before, none were planned though, and all felt very stressful. Surgery school prior to the op helped so very much - all mystery taken out of what to expect. Big thank you St Georges for the invitation to this class. All hospitals could seriously do with this for planned surgeries. The ward was a busy one. Having said this, the one thing that struck me was the empathy of the nursing staff along with their practical nursing skills. How they could remain so upbeat amongst our bunch is beyond me, and their cheerfulness rubbed off. Well done y'all! The girls giving out meals were so quick and helpful - and knowledgeable on what we should and should not have - obviously had done their homework each day. The cleaners were also upbeat and thorough. Early morning visits from the doctors was great, it meant I could carry on with my day having had any questions answered first thing. I was able to go walking up and down the ward the day after surgery. I am the kind of person who will follow instruction as long as I understand what's being asked of me and why. Huge thank you to Mr Anderson, Mr J Bernard Liban and your team. I am very grateful to you all Elizabeth jane (Jane) foley

{{category}} working at St George's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St George's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4z4