St George's Hospital

Blackshaw Road, London, England, SW17 0QT

19th February 2019

N/A

16th February 2019

I am a brain tumour patient. I had my annual scan to see how much bigger the tumour is: HOSPITAL REFUSES TO TELL ME THE SIZE. I made a subject access request - which should not have been necessary - and they ignored it. So i made a complaint and they ignored that too. I am being victimised for highlighting corrupt behaviour by a consultant a few years ago.

9th January 2019

I have only had one stay in this or any hospital for major surgery and so I was not sure what to expect. A first class surgeon (and team, no doubt) performed what turned out to be a very successful operation. The nursing on the recovery ward was superb and I was treated with respect throughout by nurses of differing nationalities. Now the downside. The one thing that lets this hospital down more than anything else, is the Pharmacy. I noticed many times when my wife was treated for cancer at St. George's, the lack of coordination between 'staff' and pharmacy. One is given a discharge time only to find that you have to wait several hours to leave because you are waiting for the Pharmacy to dispense your drugs. On one such occasion, we left the hospital on the basis that I would return later that evening to pick up the drugs. It turned out that all were not dispensed and had to make a further visit the next morning to collect the remainder. Following my own discharge from St. George's at 13:00hrs, it was not until two hours later that I complained bitterly - along with others that day. One of the nurses kindly applied some pressure and within 20 minutes I was out the door with my prescription which my local chemist could have supplied. I am told that St. George's is not unique and that this happens in most hospitals. To me it just undoes all the great work that the nurses do. It must embarrass them no end. Surely the hospital needs to free up beds asap. Is there not a solution?

4th January 2019

On Saturday 3/11 I had a mountain bike accident and broke my neck, cracked 3 vertebrae, my sternum and a few ribs. Clearly not a great ride. Dr Crocker met me on Sunday morning to explain the options and he did so in a very easy way to understand. Obviously I was in pain and worried but he reassured me and came across as someone I could trust. Post the operation that Sunday Dr Crocker came to visit and gave me advice on managing the pain and to be confident that the repairs are solid and that I can start being mobile. His motivation techniques are direct (no sugar coating) and I appreciated his approach so within 8 days I was discharged. It is now 8 weeks since the operation and I met Dr Crocker yesterday (04/01) and the feedback was good and he went through every question I had and explained the injury, what he had done to complete the repair and also the next steps. At no stage did I feel rushed and his easy to understand language and use of images made it easy for me to understand. Next step will be in October with a CT scan and removal of my metal work from the back. What I like: 1. Straight talking and easy to understand 2. Good listening skills and gave me his time (when I had an appointment) 3. After care support via email was there and I can appreciate how busy he is but he made a point of being there for me. 4. The nurses definitely like him as he can be witty which is a nice ice breaker. Would I recommend Dr Crocker: 1. Yes and my GP spoke highly of him when she met me in her clinic. 2. Gave me choices of treatment 3. Gave honest feedback Regards, Steve

16th December 2018

Great treatment both before and after surgery, everyone was kind, respectful and very professional. Whilst I was only in for four days after surgery I was discharged with everything that I needed. My earlier fear of both surgery and the stay in hospital was completely unfounded. I was looked after very well.

{{category}} working at St George's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St George's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4z4