Share review of Spire Yale Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

Written by a private patient
29th June 2022

I was a patient at the Spire hospital in Wrexham In Feb 22 and the lead up to my operation was atrocious. I received three phone calls about the same issue ( obviously they don’t speak to each other) They kept calling me by the name of Steve and normally I wouldn’t mind but my name is Gary. They asked me to have blood tests when I had already had them. However the operation went well BUT the following evening Whilst at home I passed out and was having what I can only describe as a fit. When I came too my wife phoned up the spire and asked for advice and could I go there ( we only live two minutes away) and she was told NO take him to the general hospital. My wife explained to there Doctor on call their that I had received an operation less than 24 hrs earlier and still he said NO take him to hospital. I cannot understand why when you pay for a private medical procedure why the NHS should be responsible for the aftercare. There is so much more I could write but I think you can tell I am fuming about the pre op and post op care. I would never use this hospital for any private health care again. I must finish with the surgeon and nurses looked after me in theatre with respect and anything I wanted or needed was not to much trouble.

Safe