Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Povey Cross Road, Horley, Surrey, England, RH6 0BB

« 1 2 3 4 »

3rd April 2019

Dr. Fiona Lamb has asked for a questionnaire to be filled in which I haven't found. I have previously said that Mr. Drabu is an excellent surgeon and extremely nice man and I have recovered well from surgery. Dr. Lamb was friendly, reassuring and cheerful. In the past, I have had general anaesthetic and so been totally unconscious from the moment of entering the operating room. This time I had an injection into the spine (epidural type). This was quite painful. After regaining consciousness, I was all right, however, after eating a sandwich and drinking a cup of tea, I was sick about six times. On other occasions post operations with general or local anaesthetic I have not been sick. However I recovered by the next day and began eating normally.

8th March 2019

Dr Vohra is an exceptionally good doctor. I would thoroughly recommend. Dr Vohra exceeded all of my expectations and her communication is second to none. Her knowledge and empathy is outstanding. Without Dr Vohra listening fully to my symptoms I do not Feel that i would ever have been diagnosed. For outstanding care I would certainly recommend.

6th March 2019

I have visited this hospital on occasions in the past, both as an outpatient and for minor surgery. On previous occasions the care received had been professional. On my most recent visit, for surgery however, I found to my distress that post-operative care and pain management was inadequate, inappropriate and lacked professionalism. I have of course expressed my concerns with the hospital. But with little effect other than excuses. I feel therefore that sharing my experience - and my opinion - to be appropriate. If I had read a similar review I would have been better informed about what to be alert to at this hospital - especially so as the CQC rates this hospital currently as "Overall: Requires Improvement". Firstly, my experience: - the hospital did not record either or on the day of admission or during pre-operative assessments that I was intolerant to ibuprofen. I mentioned this twice during the procedure/surgery day - both to the nurse and to the anaesthetist. It appears this was not recorded on any of the occasions - and yet later was used as a justification for providing me with no post-operative pain medication whatsoever. For hospital staff to fail on 3 occasions to record my intolerance of ibuprofen should be a concern as it is a requirement (and a standard) by which the CQC assesses the hospital for safety. As in all hospitals post operative 'processes' exist by which hospitals are required to use a pain scale to determine and record patient assessments of the levels of pain they are experiencing. Again this is a standard requirement against which hospitals are assessed by the CQC. On my visit the recording of the 'pain levels' was not only patchy (ie it didn't happen regularly when it was supposed to) - but also the 'record' did not accurately reflect the pain scores I gave the nurse attending to me. Since complaining to the hospital they have confirmed that the nurse recorded "1" when I kept saying I was in awful pain (ie "8"). Why she would do that, I do not know. For a hospital to fail to assess and accurately record each of my pain level assessments half hourly, (and with the hospital confirming that they also missed recording one completely) should be a matter of great concern. It is these ‘recordings’ that help assess the rate of patient recovery and help determine, as appropriate, the need for pain medication both in 'recovery' at the hospital and at the point of discharge. It should, I feel, also be a matter of great concern to the leadership of Spire Gatwick Park hospital that the hospital nursing staff told me that no pain medication was available, nor was any to be prescribed - when I asked for some to address my pain. Given my description to the nurse 'that I was screaming out loud with pain’ how could that be appropriate or correct? Might this have been as a result of the nurse inaccurately recording of my pain levels (and not recording them regularly as she was required to do by health guidelines) - being the same nurse who failed to record my intolerance of ibuprofen. One mistake leading to another. So, imagine my complete disbelief when I asked "why no pain meds?" - I was told "that paracetamol coverts to morphine when it reaches the liver”. Yes, it is hard to believe, but true - but that was what the advice offered to me by the hospital nurse. Have you ever heard more inappropriate and potentially unsafe 'pain management advice'? No of course not. Because to tell a patient about to be discharged (with no pain medication) such as this is complete rubbish - and is unprofessional. The lack of care, inaccurate recording of pain levels and failing to follow standard hospital procedures are all issues which should be a huge concern to this hospital - and to potential patients too. No hospital should be permitted to offer such unprofessional (and unsafe) advice to a patient under their care. It is no wonder that the CQC rates this hospital as "Requires Improvement".

18th February 2019

lovely hospital been here before nothings to much trouble from the cleaners to the doctors

3rd February 2019

I arrived early for my bilateral eyelid procedure and was seen to immediately by the receptionist. I found the queueing system and waiting area to be discreet. The staff were respectful and polite. The receptionist contacted the relevant department and made sure I was seen to without delay. Within minutes of checking in, I was in my room. The nurses who were seeing to me were equally professional, and approachable.

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Spire Gatwick Park Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4yi