Southmead Hospital

Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, England, BS10 5NB

13th July 2019

I think two constructive suggestions. 1. tweek the processes so patients aren't referred to you with serious conditions and then have to wait weeks and make multiple phone calls to find out what's happening. Even if you can't give them an appointment straight away a quick email or phone call would be helpful. 2. Nurses leave mobile phones in their lockers so that if they are asked to accompany a porter whilst he takes a patient to another part of the hospital you converse with the patient once the porter has gone. A hello would have been nice. On the whole the staff were fist class and the clinical care certainly was. A shout out especially to the lady taking around the lunch who was always so lovely and put a sandwich in the fridge for me trying to encourage me to eat. To the porter who could see I wasn't well so went out of his way to talk to me. To the domestic who was cleaning my room and talked to me as she did it. To the care assistants in A&E who took the time to make sure everything was ok and just that extra bit of care.

26th June 2019

I was a patient in pre and post operative neurosurgical wards, including icu. I was treated with outstanding care and professionalism, kindness and respect by all the medical staff. Seeing these teams treat others around me also enhanced my appreciation and confidence in their work and in the hospital itself. A student nurse practitioner carefully removed the stitches from my head under the watchful eye of a senior colleague before my discharge and all went very well. They made me feel like we were all a team together. Weeks later the angiogram nurses and doctors made me feel very well cared for, looked after and treated, on a recall visit to check the outcome of my surgery. The support has also been invaluable even after my discharge. Reassurance of ongoing care from the Pharmaceutical team, the neurosurgical support staff and administrators has been wonderful and instrumental in my recovery. The only hospital improvement I would like to see really would be in the ground floor areas, as refreshment choice for visitors especially is very limited indeed.

20th June 2019

I had a great stay at Southmead, the rooms were spotless, the staff were lovely and the food was the best I’ve ever had compared to the two previous hospitals I have been admitted to. The only downside was the very long wait in the pharmacy for medication before discharge.

20th June 2019

I have had to spend three stays in Southmead Hospital within the last year regarding a multiple cancer diagnosis. On each occasion I have received stellar care and consideration from all of the staff. The hospital trust should be very proud that service delivery is ‘that bit extra’. From porters to cleaners, office support, nursing and medical teams, everyone I met did whatever they could to help. I spent a lot of time on ward 34, where my bowel and colorectal cancers were treated. For the patient those conditions are difficult, not only medically, but personally. There can be loss of bowel control which is embarrassing, messy and unpleasant to deal with. Never once was there anything from the nursing staff but care, compassion and support. I had several dark days at that time, but there was always encouragement and motivation to get well. Keep up the excellent work As a former emergency service worker for many years I have worked alongside the NHS and know how good you are.

14th May 2019

I had an operation in Southmead Hospital in February 2019, which followed two visits there and an MRI scan. I stayed in for 2 nights following surgery. The hospital is a fantastic facility - it feels clean, bright and airy and every single member of staff whom I came into contact with was, without exception, exceptional! I was treated with dignity throughout the whole experience and everybody from the surgeon to the ladies who came round with drinks was friendly, cheerful and helpful. If one has to be in hospital, this is the one that I would recommend!

{{category}} working at Southmead Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Southmead Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4x4