Southampton General Hospital

Tremona Road, Southampton, England, SO16 6YD

8th November 2017

All the staff on Piam Brown ward are amazing they care so much about what they do! The facilities here are brilliant the playroom and teenage lounge are great places to be with the play leaders.

6th August 2017

The personnel working at this hospital, in particular the Piam brown ward have been a god send. They have done a lot of great work with my son. I would say the only thing that lets the hospital down is the run down state of some parts of the hospital. There are clearly areas that have work going on and new buildings are being put up to bring new specialist areas but as you walk through the old wards and run down corridors it can be rather daunting, especially to a new patient because it can make you question the treatment you may receive. In this case that Did NOT happen and I am pleased to say that the staff here are responsible caring and professional. Thank you!

20th January 2017

Southampton hospital is clean and well maintained, if a bit chilly in parts during January! Both sets of main entrance doors were wide open even though it was frosty outside, and staff in the Cardiac dept were complaining that it was cold, although it felt warm to us after being in the Costa coffee shop by the main doors. We were recommended to the Cardiac Department and its reputation is well deserved. They looked after me very well, kept me informed and all the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful and gave the impression that they enjoyed their work. On 2 occasions however, I was checked in at Cardiac reception but the information didn't transfer to the nurses station which resulted in delaying me being seen. As soon as the problem was identified though they got me through as quickly as they could, which was appreciated. There is a great demand for car parking and so I would recommend taking an early morning appointment if possible to avoid the queues for parking.

15th November 2016

Our son has been under the care of Piam Brown Ward for the last two years. The ward and its staff are incredible. The hospital seems to always be evolving, improving its facilities and most importantly taking part and leading medical research. I have every confidence in the hospital trust and the amazing staff that work within it.

26th August 2016

I should have been given more information about my illness and I strongly feel that the follow up for medications/further tests/examinations should be arranged by/with concerned consultants only, Not by the GPs.