scunthorpe-general-hospital

Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, England, DN15 7BH

1 2 3 4 5 2,233 reviews

Review of Ward 17,
15th November 2021

Everyone always on the ball. I can't praise people enough. The little things mean a lot.

Nothing

Review of Endoscopy SGH,
13th November 2021

Treatment from staff was excellent made me feel at ease and comfortable at all times!

Keep doing what your doing, your all amazing workers!

Good

Good

Experience
12th November 2021

I was left in agony with back pain in the waiting room for over three hours. I did not see a triage nurse. Was not offered pain relief. It was only when I went back to the desk that the lady realised my paper work had been “mislaid” I was then rushed thru as I was going to break the four hour rule.

Pain relief. Updates.

12th November 2021

All the staff were professional and friendly.

Could maybe have told me a little more of the next stage of my treatment.

11th November 2021

Obviously waiting times in A&E are nearly always an issue so I have to be honest and say I found this hard going as I didn’t feel well…just like any other patient. . However, what I witnessed was staff who dealt with patients who were intoxicated, impatient, distressed and judgemental…and they dealt with it all respectfully and calmly despite the fact they will have been feeling the pressure more than any patient would’ve appreciated. I’m also a nurse at Scunthorpe General Hospital and I’ve never needed to attend A&E before personally and I have nothing but praise for the wonderful people who had to deal with the care needs of not only myself but also those around me.

Waiting times but then that will always be dependent on patient need

11th November 2021

Overall most of the staff where very good but a few seemed uninterested to help find out information about the care I was supposed to be receiving, I was supposed to be admitted to the ward for a lumber puncture bit after waiting ten hours as there where no beds I went home, my condition is still ongoing, it seems they don’t really care anymore

Advised the some off the staff to be a bit more compassionate and be more helpful to the patient

Review of Ward 17,
11th November 2021

It's been brilliant and I have had total confidence in my care. Superb service, cannot fault the care and treatment. The permanent staff are absolutely exceptional. They go out their way to sort any queries out. Rather than just mending, they make you feel cared for.

Nothing

10th November 2021

All the staff were professional, hard working and consistent in their approach. The doctor in charge of the A&E department, absolutely fantastic, super knowledgeable and very caring. Thank you!

The area was a little unclean, considering it’s a hospital and a pandemic is going on. As my canular was flushed and removed the remains and some blood spurted onto the seat, it was just wiped with a paper towel.. not antibacterial wipe. There was some litter in the room also I thought cleanness would be top priority at this time.

10th November 2021

I waited an hour and a half without even triage. A doctor then came out and explained that they were extremely short staffed and the wait was likely to be 6 hrs plus, there were no cubicles, even for the people waiting in ambulances, and there were no beds available. I spoke to reception as I was in a lot of abdominal pain and they said it would be at least another 3 hours before I could even be triaged but because it was a do pain I would need to see a doctor. I asked to be referred back to out of hours but was told that wasn't possible from there. I couldn't sit for another 6 hours so I left. I was advised to call 111 later if the pain got worse

Goodness knows ... but maybe the doctor on 111 should have known how bad it was at A+E

Experience

{{category}} working at Scunthorpe General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Scunthorpe General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4wk