scunthorpe-general-hospital

Scunthorpe General Hospital

Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, England, DN15 7BH

1 2 3 4 5 2,233 reviews

23rd November 2021

Emily was the nurse looking after me and, although they were very busy, she made time to check I was ok

N/a

22nd November 2021

i was at the A & E from just after 9am and didn’t leave there until 5pm i was laid in a trolley until about 2pm waiting for an x-ray because the doctor had forgot to sign the paperwork so a porter could take me The doctor who dealt with me was lovely lady and they’re all rushed off their feet,i was in a bay next to an alcoholic man who was swearing and talking about his genitals hurting but in words not that nice He went against advice and disappeared off outside for a cigarette and the care staff said well he does smoke 50 a day,he then came back and got a medical detox waiting for him and was on his way again by dinner i actually put off coming because i thought it might take a few hours but not 8 hours.i asked for some water to take my medication and was given a drink by the doctor i’d had nothing to eat all day and all i wanted to do was to get home as i was in pain The doctors and nurses work tirelessly but the new system is terrible

Things were actually quicker when things were done the old way ,where you saw a doctor,then went for x-ray and come back to see the doctor I can understand why some people just don’t want to come to be seen because of the wait times and nothing yesterday was held up for anything covid related that i noticed so i don’t understand why it took so many hours,even the nurse agreed with me and another man who was there the same amount of time as me .

22nd November 2021

I came into A/E in a lot of pain, I was quickly given analgesia and taken to X Ray which confirmed a fracture at Brilliant service including the very helpful volunteer who was on duty Friday afternoon

Happy with the care

22nd November 2021

So my midwives found out what was wrong with me rather than the actual hospital and I stayed over night -.-!

Maybe go through all possible outcomes even if it’s so small. Turns out I have anaemia I had bad back pain and slightly breathe less and vomited blood also, they checked my blood but not for the right things.

Review of Dermatology ,
22nd November 2021

Dr James and the nurse that treated me were kindness itself. I felt very apprehensive when I arrived for my very minor op but was soon very reassured by them both. The clinic area was extremely clean and not crowded at all which was great to see. I was given very clear instructions as to my aftercare and what to expect. Excellent service and a please pass on my thanks.

Absolutely nothing. A very positive experience from start to finish.

19th November 2021

Treatment executed with skill and compassion

Nil

19th November 2021

Yasmin and Sam were fantastic. They were very kind and helpful and informative and reassuring.

The booths were quite unclean and I didn’t see a cleaner in over 3 hours.

19th November 2021

The doctor was very apologetic regarding my long wait as there were only 3 others waiting But very kind

Kept informed re: the waiting time…. And what the delays are

19th November 2021

The nurse was so friendly and kind and looked after us really well Yasmine I think he name was she s brilliant

Everyone was brilliant we wasn’t there long

Review of Ward 17,
19th November 2021

Everything was just perfect; my treatment and the way I was treated. The video chat set up Eve organised was just amazing. Seeing my family, especially when there's no visitors. Seeing my daughter at the doorway made a big difference and lifted my mood. You are all perfect and that goes right the way through the team. Cleaners, nurses, doctors, liaison officer over here. Cleaners in the morning always bright and cheery, so lovely.

Misunderstanding on the doctors information. I wasn't sure until it was reexplained properly in a way I understood.

Experience

{{category}} working at Scunthorpe General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Scunthorpe General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4wk