Sandford Ward Within Fullbrook Centre

Chruchill Hospital Site, Old Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7JU

15th May 2019

I enjoyed some of the weekend meals, some variety. There is a lot of activities going on and opportunities to do some gardening, the garden is also a nice place to talk to other patients. Got on well with some of the staff, but sometimes found it difficult with others. Were issues with the ward phone and not getting very good signal to make private calls. The doors are very noisy which makes it difficult to sleep, sleep is something I am entitled to. My sleep was also disturbed by another patient being noisy in the middle of the night. With puddings custard was the main option, should be alternatives such as double cream offered which I requested and this is now offered on the ward which is a positive.

14th May 2019

The PAT dog is excellent. Some staff surly and ignored patients - night agency staff only. Some staff went out of their way to be kind, great stuff, you know who you are. All the gym staff were excellent and you all made a real difference. A pity there was no gym on the weekends. Stop people smoking in the grounds. Thanks again, big love to you all! X

Written by a family member

I felt it was the ideal ward for my husband making his recovery speedy. I was saddened that so many of his clothes went missing, which seemed to add to his worries. He still talks favourably about a lot of the staff that cared for him.

Written by a family member

All the staff were very professional in their care, conduct and communication. With assessment and treatment a better understanding was obtained as to how my father was living and struggling with Alzheimer’s. With our experience of Sandford Ward, I find it difficult to find any way of how the service and care can be improved.

14th May 2019

The staff were helpful with lots of different things e.g. showering. The food was good and it was a nice environment, I liked my room. The doors are quite noisy, it would be good if they could be quieter. I also would have liked to have been involved a bit more in my care.

{{category}} working at Sandford Ward Within Fullbrook Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Sandford Ward Within Fullbrook Centre: http://iwgc.net/emux9