Royal United Hospital

Combe Park, Bath, England, BA1 3NG

15th November 2017

I have had more respect and care for my dignity in a field hospital on the edge of a dessert. I had never had such rudeness and disrespect in all my life. I was a,so told a pack of lies from the moment I walked into the clinic.

24th January 2017

Spent about a week on the ward after an Asthma Attack and viral complications. I have nothing but praise for the nurses and staff that look after me. Was also happy to oblige with some training for some of the new students. All the best and future to everyone on the ward.

4th September 2014

I was recently treated for breast cancer at the RUH, when in my 40s. From the moment I went through the doors of the breast unit, my care was excellent. I have one point to make about it: I don't think that the physical and organisational separation of the breast unit from the Oncology department is really in the best interests of patients, but I believe the new cancer building will at least put these services together under one roof. However, I should have arrived at the breast unit earlier than I did. It took 10 days for me to be referred there from my GP's surgery, which is really too long. I might also have benefited from the hospital's family history services relating to breast cancer, but I had no idea they existed. The only publicity appears to be a web page which is badly laid out (it is hard to get at a list of risk factors, for example) and over two years out of date. There is no information on display about it at my GP's surgery or even at the breast unit itself. Furthermore, in my 16 months of treatment I was never asked 'Have you a sister?' This is contrary to the recommendations of Breakthrough and others that relatives of breast cancer patients should be contacted about family history services. I cannot understand why the hospital should equip and staff such a service, but not tell those who need to know about it that it exists. I realise it costs more to do this, but there are high-risk women out there who have the right to know that there is help available.

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

4th March 2013

I was on Robin Smith Ward and can only praise all of the staff from the cleaners, tea tray ladies, nurses and Doctors. When able to eat food it was adequate and mostly well cooked and presented. Visitors were welcomed and given answers to questions. The only criticism was lack of communication between the team on recovery and the ward not being able to advise my husband what was happening and when I would be on the ward. All in all, first class service at a low point in my life. Thank you all

Efficiency

Caring

Nursing staff

10th April 2012

RUH provided a superb service over Easter, dealing with a broken arm. Very efficient co-ordination between A&E and ward. 10 or more staff involved - but it felt like one well orchestrated process. Great efficiency but also caring and competent. Thanks Nurse Conway, Kirsty - very proud of the NHS!

{{category}} working at Royal United Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal United Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vn