royal-shrewsbury-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 27,850 reviews Write a review

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, England, SY3 8XQ

18th September 2017

I was an in patient on the colorectal ward at RSH- the care I received could not be faulted- a wonderful team of professionals and axillary team. However the ward itself was very down at heel and shabby, and the very small number of toilets in this particular ward was not satisfactory. I was saddened that this great team of.people were having to look after patients in these surroundings.

12th May 2017

I was referred to this hospital after mammogram screening showed some concerns. I was treated with dignity and compassion from the first visit and on each respective visit. I am currently undergoing chemotherapy at the Lingen Davies Unit and the staff there are absolutely wonderful always making you feel relaxed and well cared for. I am very impressed with my experience and how well a difficult time for me is being handled. Well done to all involved in my care and well done to the NHS.

12th April 2017

My review is for the Chest Pain Clinic and Cardiology. I have had a totally wasted visit to this clinic. I went there expecting tests which apparently are no longer done at this clinic. The paperwork that is sent out is completely out of date and should be updated to reflect current practice. I do not feel reassured after my visit, instead I feel as though my symptoms were belittled and dismissed. I have had 3 trips to A&E, 2 other calls to paramedics and a 3 day stay in hospital due to attacks of chest pain, a feeling of collapse and very high blood pressure. The nurse I saw told me that she didn't think it was heart problems but probably a pulled muscle or tendon and to try taking paracetamol. When my symptoms come on they are both distressing and frightening and how they can be dismissed without a test of some sort and diagnosed as a pulled muscle is beyond me. I am now left with the option of another visit to A&E should I feel poorly again. To have to keep on dialling 999 and using the emergency services without proper diagnosis surely cannot save the NHS money and is a total waste of resources. It is fortunate that I have a second opinion in the pipeline and I would urge anyone visiting this clinic and the cardiology department to do the same. I should also like to add that I was discharged from hospital with instructions from the cardiologist to get some GTN spray from my GP "to try" as it would help to diagnose whether I had angina or not. Not a very reassuring way to be diagnosed! Again, I felt as though I was being a nuisance and my my symptoms were being dismissed and belittled. When I pointed out it was too late to contact my GP that day he reluctantly gave me a prescription which the nurse very kindly got for me, otherwise I would have gone home without any medication. The cardiology department needs to pull it's socks up and treat it's patients with a little bit of respect.

11th April 2017

Staff were caring

4th April 2017

My assessment refers to the Mobile MRI Unit run by inhealth group and located on the car park in front of the treatment centre at RSH and NOT RSH itself. I am terrified of MRI equipment and was sedated (Diazepam) by my GP to help me face the experience. 1) They were over half an hour late taking me in with no indication or explanation why. This heightened my anxiety. 2) The lady who came to escort me spoke only to say my name and made no attempt to calm me at all, not even any small talk. She rushed ahead of me by about 5 metres, was completely silent as she took me across the car park to their Unit. This made me feel very uneasy and even more anxious. 3) The lady inside went through the questions I had answered. The only YES was in relation to my gold capped tooth. She said "There isn't much we can do about that is there?". I said that I was only answering the questions posed. I felt embarrassed and belittled by her attitude. 4) Their CD player was broke so they could not play the CD I had brought with me. 5) Their radio was broke too so they could not play any music at all to calm me. 6) Other than to lie me on the table and to tell me when it was all over she made no attempt to speak to me or reassure me throughout the session. In summary it was a very unpleasant experience made worse by the unconcerned bedside manners of the staff. The broken equipment made a mockery of the instructions I received with my appointment. May I suggest that you seriously reconsider with whom you place your contract for these services in future. Preferably with a contractor more dedicated to levels of customer service and more likely to uphold your Vision and Values in that I did not feel valued and cared for at all and whilst they were civil I was not treated kindly or considerately given the level of my anxiety.

{{category}} working at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Shrewsbury Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vi