royal-shrewsbury-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 27,852 reviews Write a review

Royal Shrewsbury Hospital

Mytton Oak Road, Shrewsbury, England, SY3 8XQ

19th June 2019

Four years ago, due to my slow weight gain, because of being in a wheelchair, with a C5 incomplete tetraplegic spinal injury. Not being able to do any exercise after my accident in 2013. I had started to battle with my diabetes and my blood pressure slowly getting worse, with the only way of combating it by increasing my drugs. (Poisons going into my body ,as my orthopaedic specialist says). To start with I was referred to Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham, right from the start, I found that this hospital not very helpful, as I drove myself there, could not get in or out of the barriers for the car park, then after at least five trips over two years I still not did have a date for the operation. Then two years ago, Dr Edmondson said she had met with Mr Rinks and he was working between Telford and Shrewsbury Hospital’s, he had come highly recommended. right from the start after my initial meeting with Mr Rinks going over my problems he said he'd like to take me on as a patient, and hoped to be able to offer me an operation within 18 months, if I attended at least two of his nursing team advisers meetings in Telford. I did attend three very informative group meetings in Telford with his gastric nursing advisers. Very easy to follow diet plans, for the next few months before my operation with the later meetings going over what to expect. I also found all the literature I was given by the nursing team as very informative and easy to follow, far better than anything I learnt from the heartlands Hospital. After having meetings with Mr Rinks. The operation itself was for me a very good experience. Due to the fact of the way the staff, treated me from the arrival into the hospital, then the pre-op while I was being put under, with the anaesthetic Dr talking to me all the time, till I woke up in the recovery ward. First of all I'd like to thank everybody in the team, as I feel this is the best thing I've done since my accident to help my recovery, as I've been slowly deteriorating with the weight gain. Each day I am feeling better, when I've see friends or even my carers. They can see the way the weight is coming off me and how much better I look. My medicine has changed, very much to the better. To start with my blood pressure tablets dropped as soon as I left the hospital, then two weeks later we were fishing them out of my weekly blister packs. Also my insulin injections and cut right down, I will soon be off them altogether. I am feeling so much better in myself, that I am applying for a job at the orthopaedic hospital nine hours a week. The job which is to help people that have had recent spinal injuries cope with their new lives, like I have forgetting everything from the past, then starting the new challenge I life, as life still has a lot to offer. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Rinks and his team for gastric surgery. . Thank you Roger.

20th May 2019

I visited A and E on Saturday and was looked after brilliantly. I was given painkillers quickly and didn't have to wait too long to see a practitioner. I think his name was David Jackson? but he was amazing, and got me sorted very quickly. He arranged an xray which was done straight away and the results were also available straight away. I was given advice and crutches and an appointment at the fracture clinic today ( Monday). I was very impressed with everybody working there.

19th March 2019

I attended pre op clinic yesterday very happy with how I was treated everything explained in full to put your mind at ease.

4th December 2018

A&E and orthopaedic clinics. Very efficient and quality service and care

{{category}} working at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Shrewsbury Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4vi