royal-lancaster-infirmary
1 2 3 4 5 47,475 reviews Write a review

Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Ashton Road, Lancaster, England, LA1 4RP

23rd August 2013

staff were really helpful and caring

23rd August 2013

friendly and confident staff - explained all steps of the process.

23rd August 2013

I felt that the staff were very caring and professional

17th August 2013

I was asked to attend Radiology for an MRI Scan appointment . When I arrived no member of staff was present. Five minutes later the person on reception walked through the waiting area, made no comment, opened the hatch from the office to the waiting area, gave me a form on a clipboard and instructed me :- "fill this in." This I did with great difficulty because I had little use of my hand due to a stroke. I returned to the window to give it back and was left waiting 5 mins whilst members of staff chatted about engagement rings etc. After ten minutes I was called through, told to change into a gown and was left unattended within a small cubicle instead of being placed in the waiting area. I feel that my experience within this department was impersonal and I was not treated with due care and consideration of my needs. I felt that I was an inconvenience to the staff running the service despite me being courteous and considerate towards them. Indeed to treat a vulnerable patient in such a way surely is unacceptable.

17th August 2013

I was sent by my G.P. as an emergency admission to A&E. My G.P. gave me a detailed letter which was available for staff . Despite this I was waiting one hour and ten minutes before anyone asked the question:- 'haven't you been seen yet?' I was subsequently triaged by a nurse, which was pointless as the G.P. had already done this! After asking why a doctor had not seen me I was accompanied to the Ambulatory Clinic. So estimated time for my EMERGENCY admission before seeing a doctor was almost two hours! The waiting room was a lonely place, devoid of caring staff with only empty disposable cups littered around and grubby walls to look at. It did not meet my expectation of a place of safety and care. To be expected to sit there feeling so very ill was inhumane. Subsequently my diagnosis was a stroke, which given all the guidelines about early diagnosis and treatment is VERY disturbing. MBHT has failed me. CQC please note.

{{category}} working at Royal Lancaster Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Lancaster Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4u2