royal-blackburn-teaching-hospital

Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital

Haslingden Road, Blackburn, England, BB2 3HH

10th August 2022

A&E is simply overwhelmed but when on the wards the staff treat you with dignity and respect and do their best to get you comfortable. Orthopaedic ward was excellent and the nurses were just brilliant - particularly given how bust they were.. Went out of their way to get me the drugs I needed to go home when the pharmacy had only sent part of the prescription - even beyond the end of their shift. I can't praise them highly enough. Also the registrar that did my operation was excellent - great bedside manner and given I had a really messy wound, he's done a great job in trying to sew it all back together again. Top man. I need to find out his name so that I might feedback properly.

16th July 2022

From the moment I entered ward 18B i was reassured as was my husband that I was going to be taken care of and that he was able to contact the hospital for updates. All the staff were kind, friendly and it was obvious they were putting the patients first . They kept me updated as to when i was going to theatre and when the consultant would be coming to see me etc. After the operation they made me feel safe and clearly explained what would happen next. They contacted my husband to collect me. Cannot praise all the staff highly enough. Thank you.

7th April 2022

I usually have my appointments at Burnley General Hospital which is nearer my home, but on this occasion I was asked to attend Blackburn Royal Hospital and was highly satisfied with my visit and hospital conditions.

1st February 2022

Unfortunately I would not recommend this hospital, there is no patient centred care and you are made to feel like you are a burden to them.

31st January 2022

Referred to Blackburn for a procedure after tests completed and a referral from a consultant for treatment to prevent future I’ll health. Blackburn urology consultant would rather prevent treatment and risk future sepsis as well as reduced quality of care. No person centred care here.

13th January 2022

I am so pleased and grateful for all the superb treatment and care that I have received so far from Mr. Gill and the colo-rectal team. Despite the pandemic, I have received nothing but the best care and support from endoscopy, to icu and ward C18. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I was initially picked up by the National Bowel Cancer screening and was mildly surprised by a positive fit result. From endoscopy to surgery, brilliant;thank you all. Special thanks to Mr. Gill and the bowel nurses but the whole team, from pre op, Mr. Pollard, Mr. Gill and the unknown amazing endoscopist through a very long operation. You rock! I am now on to the scarey bit, chemo but after meeting Dr. Shrikhrakab today, I feel supported and well prepared. You are all amazing. Thank you.

17th December 2021

A very well organised and calm hospital

2nd December 2021

I have bowel cancer. From initial appointments to surgery and after care, everyone has been amazing. Particular thanks to Mr Gill for his calmness and skill, his team who dealt with the after care, the nurses and anethestists on the morning of my surgery who showed great kindness and the amazing team on C18 during my recovery. Dan Theobalds

13th November 2021

Care could not have been better by the whole colo-rectal team including nurses, specialist nurses, surgeon, post-op surgical ward staff and oncologist. Urology OPD: What let the hospital down dreadfully was the wholly inadequate Urology OPD follow-up to have the catheter removed. Trying to arrange the TWOC (Urology) appointment (should have been 10 days post-op) caused more stress to me than finding out I had cancer in the first place and going through recovery from 8 hours of surgery put together! When I did manage to get through to Urology (took several attempts to get through as no one was answering the phone), although the person I eventually spoke with was very nice, she told me I'd likely have at least another month to wait! This is completely unacceptable and seriously needs to be addressed by the hospital Trust. It was, in fact, once again, the Colo-rectal nurses who expedited an appointment to have the catheter removed within 3 days (14 days post-op). I really cannot thank them enough for all that they have done throughout the process.

17th August 2021

The royal nhs hospital in blackburn lancashire like all hospitals have great hard working caring well trained staff and terrible useless ones not fit for purpose. I visted this hospital many times A and E sat with frail very old mother who had terminal illness for majority of time in lines along amongst others on corridors for 12 hours very rarely did i see many doctors the care was terrible heard many stories about medical students who do not want to work there or nurses there that want to leave they cant recruit the staff and too many patients awful health care especially in ward my mum was in left her bed bound 14 days till it killed her her circulation packed up and as i knew it woukd her leg went black blood clot that killed her she had tiny bit dementia confusion due to all times in and out hospital should have gone private or maximillian care as she had terminal bowel cancer no pain but 6 stone very frail reliant on me totally. felt this prematurely killed her off 14 days bed bound little care moved piller to post no doctors around or communication to me about my mum or after her death no support from any services after care for me and 2 years on no family friends still heart broken cry lots so very alone sad about my mum aged 87 she couldnt wouldnt speak up for herself to ask to go hone she wasnt happy there and wanted to die at home im not nurse but evryone paramedics strangers in cafes said i was doing great job hospital too many patients not enough staff 10 outta 10 for great staff there but some wards level 3 were unbeluevably poor nurses rude lack of care communication for my mum or me my mum wanted to come home evrything hospital bed etc etc put in place for me to care for her well she was in no pain but beckoned with her hand to get her out of there i dont gave any faith in gps or nhs hospitals etc very let down could tell you lot horror story bout this hospital from staff to other unhappy outpatients very disappointed ward 3 and A and E was terrible nothing good i can say best thing bout hospital is the exit door to leave

Safe

{{category}} working at Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ug