Raigmore Hospital

Old Perth Road, Inverness, Scotland, IV2 3UJ

10th December 2020

My brother had excellent care on ward 3B following knee replacement, Nurses, physios, liason nurses doctors all excellent. Felt covid safe, secure.

13th November 2018

Had breast cancer and was operated on within a fortnight. The care was fantastic from every member of staff that I came across. I would say in all about 30 people helped in my care and I could find fault with none of them, To single out anyone is unkind but I have to mention the consultant surgeon( Mr Daltry);, two Anaesthetists who performed their duties with a bit of humour which was much appreciated. I drifted off to sleep with a smile on my face, and lastly a lovely little chatty porter who obviously loved his work. If one can enjoy a spell in Hospital, I certainly did. Also stayed for a night in Kyle Court which is a tremendous facility for the hospital. Thank you all for your superb care.

30th October 2018

We had just arrived in Fort Augustus on holiday from the North East of England when my husband collapsed and was rushed in via paramedic crew. The care he received has been superb the paramedics were kind caring and efficient reassuring us all the time, The staff in ED from reception staff, nursing and medical staff we could not fault, investigations were timely and we were kept informed all the time they even brought him a warmed blanket, The staff in MHDU were great !! the nurses skilled competent and compassionate-The medical team thorough and efficient and everyone had fantastic communication skills especially the kind doctor that spoke to me at 2am and 6am to update me on my husbands condition-your kindness and explanations I was extremely grateful for. As someone who has worked as a nurse in the NHS for 28 yrs I think the care we received at Raigmore was fantastic, We cant thank you enough .

17th October 2018

Spent 20 days in Ward 4C following a Sigmoidectomy which was carried out by Mr Raymond Oliphant, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon. You could not meet a nicer guy, his professional caring manner was fantastic. He has given me a new lease of life and I shall be forever grateful to him. In fact all the doctors deserve praise. The staff on the ward were wonderful, the only gripe I had while there was the toilet not being cleaned often enough. I had to ask a couple of times for it to be cleaned before sitting on the toilet seat. The food was awful, just as well I had no appetite.

13th April 2018

Hip operation 1 year ago performed by Mr George Papadopolous and team. It was totally successful, better than I'd dared hope for. Ok, being in hospital is never going to be a bundle of fun, but the result is what matters, and it gets 10 out of 10.

27th March 2018

Having just returned from the GI (endoscopy) unit at Raigmore for an upper gastro intestinal endoscopy, I cannot fault the whole process or the staff in any way. Genuinely fantastic treatment, very professional and i was kept well informed throughout. The surgeon introduced himself as did the nurses. I was nervous as I've had this procedure before at another hospital and was left a little in the dark at times, but need not have worried this time because they were brilliant! Recovery staff were great too, very helpful, great coffee and bikkies and helpful explanation of what to look out for and do back home. My sincere thanks to all the staff, you're a credit to your profession - keep up the good work!

2nd December 2017

As a first time outpatient I was extremely pleased with the way I was treated and the efficient service by the ENT and Ultrasound doctors and the very kind and hardworking nurses, thank you.The only problem with the hospital seems to be the lack of parking spaces even early in the morning which can make it quite an anxious time if you have an appointment.

29th November 2017

Went to Raigmore hospital to have a total hip replacement on 27 nov 2017 it was done by Doctor/ surgeon Macleod ( great easy going bloke ) as were his whole team ,they tried their best to make sure you were ok as to them it's no bother but to me it was a total nightmare, it would have been much better if I had not listened to the silly horror stories that people had told me and don't look it up on utube either , I was taken 3rd on the list , the waiting is a nightmare ,wish I had been darted in the car park like a wild animal lol ,as I was so so dreading the whole experience as I had never been in hospital before,, went for the operation and never felt a thing so don't listen to the nightmare stories as there all lies ,everyone tries there best to make sure your ok , the surgeon has been back round to check on me a few times , he is so chilled out , I know he does lots of hip replacement and it's no big deal to him but was massive deal to me ,. I really don't understand how such a caring team of people who really go above and beyond to make sure you ae fine were all brought together , a lot of other industries need to follow the same approach to their work as it would make the world a better place to live ,. So point being listen to the staff not the people who are going around talking rubbish , my time here has been great , so not what I was expecting , don't know if I want to go home as it feels like I have 50 wives here running around trying to do everything for me lol . I've only written this as I don't want anyone else to be a stressed out about getting their hip done as I was , feel stupid now as it was no big deal after all . .

1st November 2017

I went into Raigmore recently to have a broken wrist reset and it was a great experience all round . Hardly any waiting and amazing staff. I felt welcomed and so well looked after by everyone I met . The food was excellent too . I would highly recommend this hospital to anyone I know. To be fair ...I have been to a few for family reasons over the last year and have found them all the same. Such lovely caring people all doing their best under the weight of such negative press . Who are there people who write such terrible things . It has not been my experience at all . So many thanks to everyone and be encouraged...you are very much appreciated .

12th August 2017

We attended A&E and then Day Surgery with our son, and stayed afterwards in the Children's Ward - absolutely great care in ALL areas - very, very impressed! Thank you so much.

{{category}} working at Raigmore Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Raigmore Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r3