queens-hospital-1

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

1 2 3 4 5 275,743 reviews

Review of Antenatal Ward,
30th June 2022

Been in antenatal ward since last two days and the midwives who looked after me during nights were treating me in such manners that made me feel extremely upset, surely helpless and they have no idea how to treat a patient with dignity and respect. On top of that, during my first day at Antenatal ward, one of the midwives were discussing and laughing about another patient with other patient and it made me surprised that NHS got such staffs who does not care about data protection. From my experience, I am still finding it very difficult to understand the level of cruelty night midwives showed to me. And I hope, Care Quality Improvement department of NHS will focus on protecting patients' privacy, and treat women with at least minimum level of care when women are staying in Antenatal ward overnight. Nobody deserves to be treated with degratory comments once they are in Antenatal ward.

1) Please improve the service and care quality to ensure data protection is in place, 2) Please provide appropriate trainings to the night team midwives at Antenatal ward so that they stop making degratory comments about patient and they need to show at least minimum level of care, respect towards a patient since NHS stands for people not to disrespect people.

Review of Accident & Emergency,
30th June 2022

while on Sky A ward I had to have 2 IV antibiotics every 6 hours, some of the nurses back flushed the canula before the first drip, some nurses before the drip, at the change over point, and at the end of the 2 drips, and some nurses only at the end of having the 2 drips, there was never any consistency. I could end up waiting for a change over of drips anything up to an hour, and one nurse connected the 2nd of the 2 drips one night about 0045hrs and left me connected until 0600hrs when the first of the 2 drips was due again! the first canula was left in 4 days and the area around it became hot, red, and painful, it took me most of Saturday to convince someone to change it as i was fighting one infection and didn't need another, the Doctor who came to change it first tried in the back of the left hand and ended up blowing the vein, so He put it in the back of the right hand, but He still left the original canula in and said " He'll get a nurse to remove it". The canula He fitted couldn't have been fitted properly as every drip that went in after fitting burnt, and the back flushing was excruciating, I did let the nurses know, but as I was hopefully going home on the Monday I was prepared to put up with the pain as I was running out of places where the canula could go.

Being released. As my wife is blind & disabled all I had on My mind was going home to care for Her, But no-one would commit to a release day, some of the nurses did elude to Me going home on the Monday but nothing concrete, so on the Doctors round on the Monday I asked the Doctor can I go home today and even She couldn't tell me outright, so lunchtime Monday came and the nurse came to the bed with the first of my 2 IV antibiotics and set it all going, as it finished running a lady appeared at the door with a porter pushing a wheelchair and said I'm to take you down to the discharge lounge, so I pointed out that I was still connected to the drip, with that She disconnected the drip without back flushing, and removed the canula! I had no idea who this woman was as I'd never seen her before, or even if she was qualified to remove ANYTHING, I never had the 2nd of the 2 drips, My belongings were gathered up & I was taken down to the discharge lounge, where I waited an hour and a half for My discharge meds before leaving, so there was no rush after all. It's now 3 days after leaving hospital the back of my right hand is still swollen, red, hot & tender to touch, where the canula had been removed.

Review of Clinical Diagnostic Unit,
30th June 2022

GP referral on the Friday, Endoscopy on the following Thursday. What a great service. It was not an experience I was looking forward to but I didn’t need to worry as I was treated with respect , professionalism and kindness from all involved .The level of care/customer service received from clinical / administrative staff was exceptional. I would certainly recommend the Clinical Diagnostic Unit. Thank you Dr K. Manoj and all those involved in my care

I’m not sure there is

30th June 2022

Excellent care from the staff

Nurses care

Experience

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2