Share review of Queen's Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

20th April 2021

I would like to thank the three paramedics who attended my partner in Elm Park on Tuesday 13th April and took him to Queens hospital. They were so thorough, helpful, kind and attentive when he was complaining of chest and arm pain. They obviously knew he was having a mild heart attack but kept both of us calm and insisted that he should go to hospital 'as a precaution'. When he arrived at Queens he had what we have been told was a 'medium heart attack' and he was rushed to Barts Hospital where they were waiting and took him straight to theatre, dispersing three blood clots and inserting three stents into his heart. Had it not been for these three men and the hospital staff, acting so quickly and professionally I'm sure there would have been a very different outcome for my partner, instead of him now being home and recovering well. Please convey my enormous thanks to the paramedics, and all staff at both hospitals for their prompt treatment for which we are extremely grateful.

The whole experience for my partner was amazing. If I have to have a criticism it would be that one nurse who was asked to contact me that my partner was being transferred did not do this so I was left for 4 hours knowing nothing.

Experience