Share review of Queen's Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

24th November 2021

I had to make my own way to A n E due to over 4 hour wait for an ambulance, with a severe head injury that was bleeding heavily, on arrival my partner gave my details and my wound was bandaged up by member of staff i was then told to sit in waiting area till called,i was not informed how long i had to wait for proper treatment. I sat in the wheelchair for over 4hours before my bloods were taken and B/P checked and still not told when i would be seen all this time i was in and out of conciosness and still covered in blood after over 7 hours i was called and was seen to by a nurse who cleaned my wound and said it needed stitches, then a sister came in and said no she would glue it, which she proceeded to do, once done she put a large plaster on my head told me not to wash my hair for a few days and discharged me without any pain killers or after care advice.I was left in pain, confused as to why my head was not x-rayed or scanned for damage to the skull as i was informed it would be, i didnt even get seen to by a doctor, overall i was not treated with any empathy or consideration to my needs.I understand the pressure the staff are under but they should not let it effect the way patients are handled.I have never had much faith in Queens Hospital and even less now.

To be honest everything.