Share review of Queen's Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

12th January 2022

Waited 5 and half hours in majors b, I asked politely how much longer I would be waiting. I was waiting for a ultra sound scan. To be told I wouldn’t be getting it. The previous day I sat for 4 hours and doctor told me to come back the next day for my bloods to be done and an ultra sound scan. No one in majors b explained to me that I would have to wait to be seen by a nurse first. I went to the utc and spoke to them and they told me to go back to majors b and tell them I need a ultra sound scan. The receptionist was very rude and nasty and said I would need to wait to be seen then a ultra sound scan would be booked for another day. I said no problem, I will carry on waiting. She told me that they had took me off the system as I walked out. I explained that I went to the utc. How did they know if I had gone for some fresh air or to go to the toilet. She told me I would have to sit and wait again from the beginning. Another 4 hours wait. I’d already waited 5 and half hours without being seen by anyone. I was so upset. I was in pain, I was tired as I had come to a&e straight from work. I’m a ambulance care assistant for queens and king George’s hospital. I was in my uniform And the horrible receptionist said to me ( just because your in your greens don’t mean you will get your scan ) so over the 2 days I had waited 9and half hours for nothing. The doctor that see me in the utc was disgusted and arranged an appointment for me to have my scan a few days later. All the staff had to do when in a&e was to explain that the process is different. I was told to go there for a scan and have my bloods done and they were telling me different. I understand how stretched and busy they are. I see it first hand everyday, but the manners and professionalism from these members of staff was very very poor.

Better communication between staff and patients

Experience