The Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Tonbridge Road, Pembury, Tunbridge Wells, KentEngland, TN2 4QJ

1 2 3 4 5 108,404 reviews

Review of Maternity Triage,
2nd March 2022

I rang Pembury hospital with bleeding and contractions and was told to come in and they would be expecting me. Having already had a miscarriage I was anxious. Upon arrival we were told that I could wait inside but my partner had to wait in the corridor so we both decided to wait together as contractions were painful and I wanted him there. We had to wait for an hour and 10 minutes in the corridor whilst having painful contractions. Nobody checked the bleeding at this time or checked how we were doing.

An update on waiting times would have been better and staff to check on patients and not make them wait in a corridor for that long in a lot of pain.

Review of Delivery Suite,
22nd December 2021

I gave birth on October 6th 2021 at delivery suite. I didn’t think my birth preferences were taken into account of and felt like the reasons for my interventionist birth were not explained to me at the time, after the event or in the notes. Whilst I accept the doctors and nurses are very busy, and sometimes cannot explain what’s happening at the time, it would have been kind for one of the many many professionals at my delivery to explain why they went in with instruments after my husband and I said three times we didn’t want it, and after I had been promised I’d be allowed to finish pushing

1. Clear communication before delivery 2. Clearer explanations of why you’re taking the actions you’re taking at the time of intervention (eg baby’s heart rate has dropped, you’re losing blood) not just “we are going in with the ventouse” 3. Someone (doesn’t have to be the busy consultant) explaining why things happened the way they did if they were rushed for a good reason 4. No scare tactics. I kept being warned about c-section and a need to go to theatre 5. Consistent clear instructions - multiple different people giving conflicting advice on pushing and breathing 6. Clearer reasoning in maternity notes so that post-event in a birth debrief these can be understood.

Review of Accident & Emergency,
27th November 2021

I’m so happy with my care at Tunbridge Wells hospital. The measures taken during covid have certainly work for time and efficiency of everything running smoothly. I came in with a sharp shooting pain in my left abdo area, got seen by triage very quickly, then blood taken, saw a doctor and transferred to gynae all within an hour. Turns out it wasn’t a gynae problem so they took me to SAU where I was referred for a scan the following day. Scan was fine but surgeons genuinely believed my pain level and I’m glad they did! I had an emergency laparoscopic appendectomy which showed my appendix was inflamed so it was removed. The whole process from start to finish was easy, even when I had a panic attack, staff were there instantly to help me. The Healthcare assistants are some of the most amazing people and so unbelievably good at their jobs. The surgeons treated me like a human and not just a bit of meat, which sadly I’ve had dealings with before. And the nurses on each ward were phenomenal, from holding my hand in scans or bringing me a cup of tea after fasting for 20 hours! After a previous bad experience at this hospital, I’m so glad that all of these incredible staff have changed my mind. I’ve never felt so comfortable and relaxed knowing I’ll be having surgery.

Maybe communication. After 8pm I didn’t think I’d be going down to theatre and I had a huge panic as I hadn’t eaten in a long time and was starting to get dehydrated. I had a drip put in, in theatre, but maybe it should have come before then.

Experience

{{category}} working at The Tunbridge Wells Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Tunbridge Wells Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4pg