Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre

Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford, England, OX3 7LD

25th September 2014

I had ultrasound-guided removal of calcium from my shoulder and the appointment was on time, the consultant was friendly, informative and efficient and the nurse extremely helpful and informative. The consultant checked with me regularly throughout the procedure that I was feeling ok (I'm sorry, I didn't get his name). All in all the staff were great and the procedure went very well. Only criticism is that I went through 3 appointments over 3 months to get to that point as well as telephone triages and GP phone calls and it could have been a lot more efficient in my opinion (and cost the NHS less). This is more of a general observation of the process rather than a criticism of the NOC though.

2nd July 2014

I have just undergone laparoscopic stabilisation of the shoulder following repeated traumatic dislocations. Surgery was performed by Professor Jonathan Rees and his surgical fellow, with anaesthesia and analgesia planned and administered by Dr Jonathan Chantler. I was cared for, post-operatively, by the staff on Ward C. I cannot speak highly enough of the standard of care I received and of the approachable, caring nature of all staff I met and who provided care and support.

10th April 2014

The radiologists, surgeon, anaesthetists and nursing staff in recovery were fabulous. Only had an issue with a member of nursing staff on ward d not communicating with me properly and not dealing with things like getting my possessions and hand sanitiser in a timely fashion (took 2.5 hours to get both of these). The admin staff are not great as they messed up my surgery date, so triple check absolutely everything with them, but the actual treatment and surgery, I am incredibly happy with and would highly recommend the NOC to anyone needing specialist orthopaedic care.

2nd July 2013

Some of the Nurses and other staff that cared for me i cannot speak highly enough about. Julie, Tatiana, Lilly ,Katie ,Sue ,Livia ,Adriana ,Becky ,Keshan ,Afridita. just to mention a few. Some of these lovely people not only did there job,but actual show good old fashion kindness and general concern for me.It was an absolute pleasure to have the chance to meet these people and made it worthwhile to be run over. To all these lovely people, i tip my hat and am truly honoured to have been looked after by you all. You treated me with respect and dignity(even when you asked to see my arse). But seriously, you are a great bunch of people and it is in my opinion that it is you few that carry the OTHERS that just check in check out of work. We need more people in society like you. Not just good at your job,but genuine kind hearted people. I hope you all get the reckognition you TRULY deserve (unfortunately management are very rarley smart enough to recognise these attributes in thier staff and even less likely to award them with the right pay,respect or premotion.kindness, caring,common sense and respect can NOT be learned at university) Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I wish you all great success and happiness in your jobs and life. very much appreciated, Robb Aspinwall (room 13) p.s The food(not the Halal(thanx Julie for the menu)) Is THEE worse food i have EVER eaten EVER EVER. Please for the good of mankind, You have to improve it.All this hard work by Doctors and Nurses etc, to be undermined by poor (that is me being polite) food. Please there are people out there who would love to do the job and well.But this is NOT the right company to provide food for ANYBODY, let alone healing patients. Also it is 2013 there is absolutely NO excuse for NOT recycling as much of your rubbish as is possible. It just takes a bit of effort to implement and a short time to get in the habit.Make an effort. You as a ward (not including the ENTIRE hospital) can undo ALL a family of four's complete yearly hard efforts to make our impact on the planet less harmfull. It is your duty and ALL of our responsibility. DO NOT JUST TURN A BLIND EYE TO IT. And to all you staff who make an effort at home, Have a word with your management,DON"T BE ASHAMED !. They are the ones in the wrong, NOT YOU. So speak up, PLEASE. I WILL check in the near future.

27th June 2013

I received very good care by the whole team treating me at the NOC. The Nursing and support staff on the infection ward were supperb and deserve lots of praises. The food was acceptable. i would say that for long term in patients (over 2 days) free internet access would be fantastic. The Out patient service is excellent, and well organised. Best hospital i have ever been in this this country.

{{category}} working at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre: http://iwgc.net/eb4n2