Northern General Hospital

Herries Road, Sheffield, England, S5 7AU

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

5th February 2017

I was taken into A&E then to firth ward but they couldn't figure 100% out what was wrong with me even though to the first doctor opinion was right. The reason I'm writing this review is I'd like to thank all the staff in A&E for all they did to help from reception to ward. I'd also like to thank staff in ward Firth 6 for all they did top help. Despite all the abuse threats they received from patients they still kept smiling and talking to the idiots as if they were same as the decent patients. A SMILE GOES A LONG AND IT COSTS NOTHING, wish someone would teach them at RHH how to smile... If I've offended I'm sorry but was being honest..

15th December 2016

Our son was admitted to NGH with acute appendicitis and concomitant C diff infection on 7 December. Although we regret that he was kept 5 hours in a chair before being offered a bed we have high praise for his surgical treatment and nursing, both of which were delivered with good humour and in line with best practice. We were concerned that he was initially recommended for discharge the following morning but he has since recovered well. Thank you!

12th July 2016

my father was admitted to A&E left there not seeing a dr for 8 hours then placed on frailty ward in all 17 hours before prescribed a codeine he died of a meter long tear in his liwer intestine discusting the old people are not cared for!

27th January 2016

The A&E unit at the Northern General is a disgrace to the NHS. I'm not referring to the doctors and nurses who are superb, but to the facilities and organization. Apart from the long waiting times [I had to wait for a total of 8h for an assessment of chest pain, which is hardly world class health care], a variety of horrors are encountered by any patient reporting there: - although there are 3 reception desks, only one is visible when you enter, so everyone queues there unaware that there are 2 other adjacent reception desks - the receptionists frequently do not use the microphone system, meaning that patients cannot easily hear what the receptionist behind the glass window is saying, and patients themselves have to shout so that the whole waiting room can hear what is said - the waiting area is far too small with inadequate number of seats crammed together, and patients often left standing - many patients are obviously very ill, some even being sick, but instead of there being a disposal unit for sick bowls, paper towels, etc they have to be left under chairs - even the regular waste bins are crammed with old rubbish and overflowing - rather than having a loudspeaker system and/or display board to call patients when it is their turn, patients are summoned by a nurse calling out their name, which is often inaudible especially if you are in distress, hard of hearing, in the toilet, at the back, or have gone outside for a breath of air during the long wait - if you miss your call you go to the bottom of the waiting list meaining hours more waiting - there are no refreshments or food available, except for a cold drinks machine which cannot be used with cash [just card] - there is not even a water dispenser - there are no magazines, newspapers, books, or childrens toys so unless you come prepared you have nothing to help you through the long hours - the unit is a rabbit warren with very poor signage. I was told to follow a red line but it ended in a locked door - in the consulting rooms you have to lie on a couch which is not covered with a disposable sheet and which looks, and probably is, stained and dirty, and the couches do not seem to get cleaned/disinfected between patients - the signage for A&E on the approach roads is poor, and if you go in at the wrong entrance you potentially have a long journey around the whole Northern General site to get to A&E In short this facility is third world standard, which is probably doing a diservice to third world countries

1st October 2015

http://www.davidlamplasticsurgeon.co.uk/breast-mastopexy/ I am 5 weeks post op. I had a breast uplift (mastopexy) surgery by Dr David Lam at Claremont Hospital in Sheffield. The experience was amazing from start to finish. During my two consultations Mr Lam listened to my requirements, he was informative, attentive and truthful, he gave me advice on several different procedures, explained the pros and cons, the aftercare and what I should expect during my surgery overnight stay. The operation went perfectly and the staff at Claremont were really great. Throughout the whole experience I felt at ease and more importantly, satisfied with the service. Dr Lam is a perfectionist, the result of my surgery is life changing, the scars I was worried about as I am only 21 years of age, however even at this early stage they are looking very neat and pale, some almost unrecognisable! The result was worth every penny and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Cosmetic surgery can be life changing and so it is important to get the best surgeon possible to achieve exactly what you want to achieve, in my experience, you cannot go wrong at Claremont with David Lam.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Northern General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Northern General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4nb