newham-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 38,301 reviews Write a review

Newham University Hospital

Glen Road, Plaistow, London, England, E13 8SL

18th July 2018

The ward was not clean. Under the furniture we found toys and watched the cleaner miss out substantial parts of the floor and did not clean up to the wall. Our daughter has Autism so her care needs will vary from those of a non Autistic child, the hospital does not take into account the needs of children with Autism and other behavioural issues in its rules and there is no flexibility in the rules to better help in the care and safety of your child. The toilet facilities for children were grossly inadequate. The only options for the child to use the toilet are nappies or adult toilets. The hospital does not provide any potties or toilet training seats. The staff had very limited knowledge of Autism which is a concern in a borough with growing numbers of Autistic children. The staff were open to learn but they need to be trained to cope with ASD.

12th July 2018

Despite the lengthy wait times I was very happy with the care I received, Isaac from the psychiatric team was very helpful, understanding and kind.

25th June 2018

As I write this I'm waiting in Major injuries/illness bay 7 with my dad who was brought in by ambulance at 2.27am. It's now 5.30am and all that's happened is a blood test. 3 hours of my dad suffering in intense pain and a temperature of 39c. I had to ask a staff nurse to give my dad some pain relief and after 20 mins ibuprofen was provided. Blood test results aren't ready yet. If this is 'fast track' I dread to think about the A&E. No staff member can tell me anything unless I queue up to ask a simple question. This is an absolute joke. No wonder that the CQC rates this place as 'requires improvement'. It most certainly requires a lot more than that.

17th June 2018

They Look really nice after me.

15th June 2018

Couldn,t ask for more care but food could be better.