newham-university-hospital

Newham University Hospital

Glen Road, Plaistow, London, England, E13 8SL

14th February 2019

10th February 2019

I was in hospital about 3 o'clock at night I was vomiting 12 times and stomach pain and little bit chest pain and I was very weak the hospital nurse and doctor did not look after me they saw me about 8 o 'clock in the morning I waited for 8 hours and I missde my school I advice you any child not waiting for long time to see the doctor or nurse.One nurse called Rachael was very rude

5th February 2019

I have been to Newham General Hospital for my Baby First scan on 01/02/2019 when I arrived at reception at 16:00 I have given my file to reception staff and asked them politely can I be seen by a female sonographer but the reception lady said no it is not guaranteed and suggested to speak to another lady who put the files for sonographers straight away after asking the same question the other lady said no we cannot guarantee if everyone come and ask for lady sonographers we cannot give your file, if you want to change hospital change the hospital, we do not guarantee the Lady sonographers and handed the printed paper saying we have 90% of male sonographers, if you want to re-book appointment rebook now, I have noticed that there were a lady sonographer present on the same day but the reception lady denied to give my file and started laughing this is just a scan, I said I feel very uncomfortable with male and I have phobia, meanwhile while I was reading the paper the lady re-booked my appointment for 05/02/2019 without my authorisation, very rude staff especially on that day who was on the reception desk, very un professional zero concern about the feeling of the patients and there dignity. I recommend Newham management to keep at least 50% of female sonographers.

11th December 2018

I had my scan in zone 12 maternity unit. The sonographer was very busy with his phone from the moment he called me in- all the way to the ultrasound room. Also answered his phone while I was still in the room- friendly but very unprofessional.

7th December 2018

I was brought in to A&E by ambulance after having an allergic reaction to a prescription medication given to me by Newham’s sister hospital, The Royal London after an operation. Even though I was brought in as an emergency, I was left in a side room for well over 3 - 4 hours with numb lips, teeth, cheeks & one eye. I had severe (& I mean SEVERE) cramps across my stomach, ribs & my throat hurt. It was puffy but not swollen so I was ignored. My daughter had to more or less demand someone give me a painkiller which was given one and a half hours after initially being brought in. If that reaction had’ve Become a full blown anaphylaxis, I would’ve died in that room & no-one would’ve been any the wiser! What a disgraceful A&E department! I’m disgusted!!!

{{category}} working at Newham University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Newham University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4mj