newham-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 38,303 reviews Write a review

Newham University Hospital

Glen Road, Plaistow, London, England, E13 8SL

10th August 2018

Really good staff in a and e majors.and obs unit.

1st August 2018

I arrived at A & E at 1am. My initial bloods test samples were taken at around 2am. I saw a doctor at 8:30 am. The 7 and half hours wait was very long and I tried to get some sleep by laying down on the chairs in the Urgent Care Centre. Although, I was told by the nurse who took my blood at 2am that the wait is very long because the doctors were dealing with a stabing. When I saw Dr Marlou Hoff at 8:30 am, she apologised for the very long wait. From then onwards, the process of putting me on antibiotics and fluids was done swiftly and in a timely fashion. Also, the care I received from the majors ward from Nurse Cherry, Nurse Amina, Staff Sabina and Nurse Bonnie was very good in terms of their attention to my comfort. That made me much happier so thank you to them. The food I received for breastfast that Nurse Cherry gave cheered me up. Also, she found me a bed so that I can get some sleep. I am very grateful for that. Dr Marlou Hoff at the end took time to answer my questions. I thing that I could have receive but I didn't was a scan which would have made the conclusion to my treatment more concrete. Overall, I spent 17 hours at the hospital of which the first 7 hours were unpleasant but the remainder hours were much much better in terms of care. Having more doctors in A&E during the night would help, but considering the pressures on the NHS I think they did the best they can do with the resources that they have. Thank you.

18th July 2018

The ward was not clean. Under the furniture we found toys and watched the cleaner miss out substantial parts of the floor and did not clean up to the wall. Our daughter has Autism so her care needs will vary from those of a non Autistic child, the hospital does not take into account the needs of children with Autism and other behavioural issues in its rules and there is no flexibility in the rules to better help in the care and safety of your child. The toilet facilities for children were grossly inadequate. The only options for the child to use the toilet are nappies or adult toilets. The hospital does not provide any potties or toilet training seats. The staff had very limited knowledge of Autism which is a concern in a borough with growing numbers of Autistic children. The staff were open to learn but they need to be trained to cope with ASD.

12th July 2018

Despite the lengthy wait times I was very happy with the care I received, Isaac from the psychiatric team was very helpful, understanding and kind.

25th June 2018

As I write this I'm waiting in Major injuries/illness bay 7 with my dad who was brought in by ambulance at 2.27am. It's now 5.30am and all that's happened is a blood test. 3 hours of my dad suffering in intense pain and a temperature of 39c. I had to ask a staff nurse to give my dad some pain relief and after 20 mins ibuprofen was provided. Blood test results aren't ready yet. If this is 'fast track' I dread to think about the A&E. No staff member can tell me anything unless I queue up to ask a simple question. This is an absolute joke. No wonder that the CQC rates this place as 'requires improvement'. It most certainly requires a lot more than that.

{{category}} working at Newham University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Newham University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4mj