Nevill Hall Hospital

Brecon Road, Abergavenny, Wales, NP7 7EG

21st February 2020

My mother was admitted to ITU and put onto a ventilator, a day or two later the family were brought together to be told she would die. Day or two later she woke up , steadily progressed then a day or two later had a seizure of which we were all told again nothing they could and she would die. Again a day or two later she woke up and is steadily getting better. The nurses are lovely but hardly do you get to see a doctor to find out what is going on all we get is “we don’t know” they are meant to be the professionals. We have just moved from London so all my mothers grandchildren and family are in London. They keep making the 3 hour trip to see her for the last time but fortunately she is still with us. Why tell us she is going to die when she isn’t emotionally this has been a rollercoaster. Today she was moved to a ward so visiting is now limited to 3 to 5. My granddaughter has travelled from London to see her grandmother to find that they have sent her for a procedure at 3pm and she would be about couple of hours. So visiting would be finished and they would not be allowed to see her, so a 6 hour round trip for nothing . I am disgusted that there is no empathy, no updates given it is always me that has to chase to get answers and to this date we are still in the dark. If I could take her out of Neville Hall I would !!

24th January 2020

The team who cared for me while I had a CT scan were kind, polite and efficient. I was seen on time. The parking in the evening (7.10pm appointment) was fine. Generally a very relaxed experience.

14th December 2019

Which bright spark came up with the idea of serving soup in bowls instead of cups considering that this is a hospital population with possibly limited mobility and dexterity?

22nd November 2019

I was recently diagnosed with bowel cancer and underwent a surgical procedure 4th November. The whole surgical team under Mr Arun was outstanding and my nursing care post-op. second to none. I was in hospital for 10 days during which time I couldn't have received better care. Overall I am very grateful for the sympathy, understanding and nursing skill I benefited from and consider myself very lucky to have had access to the Neville Hall medical facilities.

Review of Nevill Hall Hospital, written by a carer
22nd November 2019

Addressing fears
Delay
Efficiency
Meeting needs
Waiting time
24th September 2019

I would like to thank all the staff who looked after me so well last Thursday and Friday 19 and 20 September after fracturing my ankle in an accident, especially Accident and Emergency and Staff Nurse Adam and his team on ward 3-2. Thank you again. Kindest regards Lesley

13th September 2019

Today i visited the colposcopy clinic. Any woman knows that it isn’t a nice thing to have to do. I have to say the staff were OUTSTANDING. They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and at ease. They talked me through the entire procedure and Cerys held my hand throughout. It was the kindness of the ladies in that treatment room that got me through and I cannot thank them enough

Review of Nevill Hall Hospital, written by a patient
12th September 2019

Addressing fears
Delay
Efficiency
Meeting needs
Waiting time
7th August 2019

I recently stayed on ward 2/4 Ragland after a laproscopic hysterectomy. Everyone was lovely, nothing was to much trouble, and everything was explained. Nurses and healthcare assistants were professional but also would chat, which I found nice. The deputy sister was lovely and explained everything I was unsure about. The pharmacy lady was helpful and explained all my medication. Also the theatre team and the anaesthetist and my surgeon were fabulous and caring. Chatted to me, made jokes and put me ease in a tough situation... Even the porters were lovely to me I cannot thank them all enough. And I cannot write how they made my stay in hospital a lot easier

3rd August 2019

I recently had a colonoscopy in the Llanwenarth Suite at Nevill Hall Hospital. From the minute i arrived in reception, the staff were fabulous, and treated me with care, kindness and consideration. I had been dreading the procedure but they very quickly allayed my fears and helped me relax with their professionalism, kindness and friendliness. In particular the chap on receptionist and the nurses booking in were so lovely to speak with and so cheerful and helpful. I had a bit of a wait but they explained why and the time soon passed. It was very warm in the waiting room and they really could do with some air-conditioning or a few fans. I was really impressed and can say to anyone who has to have a colonoscopy at Nevill Hall - 'don't worry! The staff at the llanwenarth Suite will make sure that you will be looked after - they are the very best in the NHS!'

{{category}} working at Nevill Hall Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Nevill Hall Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4l9