Lister Hospital

Coreys Mill Lane, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England, SG1 4AB

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

4th August 2016

I'm still in treatment as an outpatient for a minor injury, but at this point I feel the urge to comment on the lack of cleanliness and organisation. Out of three appointments two were delayed (the doctor/member of staff has been held up or called away); my file was lost (or at least not available) on the third appointment; the tape needed for fixing my splint was not to be found; the doctor - instead of apologizing for the delay - reassured me that I had a good excuse for being late at work (I do not need excuses for being late, if anything I need someone to do my work if I spend the morning waiting for a doctor at the hospital despite having an appointment!). To make matters worse: when waiting for the doctor/member of staff to be available, there is plenty of time to notice the lack of cleanliness: the ceiling is absolutely filthy! In an environnement that is supposed to be sterile or at least not contaminated, the obvious lack of maintenance of air conditioning/ventilation is shocking - and scary! If I had a choice: I would not choose to be treated at Lister!

4th February 2016

I've only ever had excellent care from the Nephrologist's at the Lister.

22nd October 2015

I have not been to Lister Hospital for over a decade. Through my GP's referral I attended the Ambulatory Care Clinic and received efficient treatment and excellent care. All prompt follow-up appointments were kept and my conditions were fully explained and procedures, with other departments, were conducted with professionalism and concern for my wellbeing. An example of a NHS Hospital and care at it's best.

30th August 2015

Urology Dept in particular lacks the skill & Knowledge to treat chronic conditions more concerned with Cancer treatment & new toys such as prostatic robots. Neurological dept consultant gave me an initial diagnosis "all in the mind" later proved invalid by a second opinion. More inter action in person with consultants & not foreign trained juniors , More comprehensive patient reports with treatment options for the future.

18th August 2015

Vascular clinic that ran 3 hours late. No one apologised. No-one kept any of us informed. No-one cared at all that several of us were very old, and sitting on those uncomfortable chairs for 3 hours will take many days to recover from. This was appalling care. I did feel sorry for the receptionist, who staff and patients were giving a hard time to.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Lister Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Lister Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4gt