Lister Hospital

Coreys Mill Lane, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England, SG1 4AB

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

18th March 2017

I was on ' Ward 8A south ' , I have to say that all the nurses were great especially one called 'Nichole ' I think ( give her a pay rise !. ) . The ward was cleaned every day , all the nurses were attentive and understanding , some more than others of course , depending on your needs . I was seen by several doctors over my 4 day stay and all were very reassuring although each had a different view on what was wrong with me !!!. . It was only the final doctor that saw me appeared to have the correct diagnosis , but he was a consultant so I guess he should know . My only gripe was the food , I had 1 x good meal ( roast chicken & spuds etc ) , it was what I would have at home . However , All the other meals were very unpalatable and totally unappetising . Breakfast is cereal & bread !! , I asked for toast , was told they can't do toast only bread & jam / marmalade ! Consequently I never had breakfast and just had a coffee !. In my humble opinion , why doesn't this hospital reduce the variety on offer and then make better meals that patients will / want to eat , leading to the patient getting better quicker !!! , it's not rocket science , Jamie Oliver proved it can done at Harlow I think . And why not get a commercial tosaster for each ward so patients can get a 'hot' ish breakfast ??? . I'm sure a manufacturing company could provide these at a substantial Discount for the NHS . Having meals like this is a waste , patients order there meals and then leave it when it arrives or only eat a small portion of it . . Offer less variety , put the money saved into BETTER meals , win win scenario , . I'm fully aware it's not as easy as I'm suggesting but , hey , a toaster for breakfast !!.

25th February 2017

I am currently in Swift Ward at lister, under Dr Tai .... I can only say all the staff have been completely lovely... caring and efficient

9th January 2017

My husband was treated recently after fracturing his ribs care was not good from the nursing staff and at times just down right rude consultants were the exception and actually listened to the family in a sympathetic and caring manner

20th December 2016

I found the NHS nurses were in the main very good but can't say the same about the agency nurses that were there at night. I had a few very bad experiences with their lack of interest and a couple of potentially life threatening experiences when I couldnt put on my CPAP mask owing to not being ale to move my arms. I asked one of these nurses to put put the mask on for me, to be told quite rudely that she wasn't trained. She then walked away and I was left, fearful of going to sleep. I felt ignored by many of these nurses and in my helpless state, feel I was viewed as pathetic and an inconvenience to them. I feel I am a considerate person and don't expect or want anyone to run around after me and when I did use the buzzer it was for a valid reason, but buzzers very ofen were ignored. Most of my time in hospital which was around 10 weeks I was quite unable to do anything for myself and was reliant on the nurses. Some were brilliant, some especially at night were the opposite. When I started eating again towards the end of my stay I found the food very good and can find nothing negative to say about the choice of menu or the way it was cooked and presented. I had more than one condition afflicting me, one being sepsis. so I will be eternally grateful for the doctors for pulling me through, they tried very hard with top results.

21st September 2016

I was prepared for my Right Hip replacement on Thursday 8th October 2015 but seconds before entry to the operating theatre Mr Tai informed me that all his operations for that day, due to bed-blocking, had to be cancelled. This appears to be a national problem and is due to successive governments failing to provide funds for the provision of home care either by local councils or families of the patients. Following my operation on 28th October 2015 I deducted that:- The nursing in the post-operative Trauma & Orthopaedics ward needs to be seriously addressed – there weren’t enough nurses. Some nurses lacked training, some came over as “Hail-fellow-well-met” but when I needed their aid they replied “I’ll be back in a sec”– but they never came back. When I needed it one placed a bed-pan at the bottom of my bed and walked away – this just a few hours after I’d had a hip replacement and could neither reach it nor place it in the desired position. I could go on ad infinitum about the failings in this ward but at 82 y.o.a I haven’t the time.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

{{category}} working at Lister Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Lister Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4gt