king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 151,432 reviews

28th October 2020

I had my laparoscopy here yesterday, when I first got there i followed signs that said green zone, I did have to stand around outside for abit as I was abit tooooo early. Once the door was open I had to change my mask to a fresh one, had my temperature checked then had covid questionnaire once i was clear i was on my way to the adult day care unit. Once I got on the ward I was greeted by all friendly staff welcoming me and was shown to my bed for the day. I had my nurse Anna (pretty sure that was her name, sorry if I got it incorrect) doing my checks and making sure I was alright. I had few people seeing me regarding my procedure all were happy to see me then off I went to the theatre where I was greeted by the team who was going to be with me. What a smashing team, I will never forget the anaesthetic consultant who was happy and you can clearly see he was smiling what a great guy. Once I was on the table I had to have my cannula in which everyone had trouble with but not this guy, I might been crying because my anxiety but this team was just fantastic! Once I come around I was abit all over the place which I do apologise, I never been go waking up. I did tell the nurse I was feeling sick and dizzy but she didn't really hear me well, once I was ready to go back to the adult day care unit I was given anti sickness as I had morphine, when I never do well with it even if it was tiny bit. I was offered tea or coffee and a sandwich which sadly I couldn't eat as there wasn't a vegan option so luckily the nurse was able to get me a plain salad, which sadly could only handle a bite due to feeling so sick. I didn't see my consultant regarding my procedure nor had any information, I was only given my painkillers and sent home, im not even sure if or when do I find out my results. But other than that I would like to thank every single staff I came across. You were all fantastic!

22nd October 2020

A special thank you to Amy , Juniper endoscopy ward. The friendliest welcome to put me at ease was and always has been outstanding! Her professionalism and great positive attitude has always been a great help. The newly dyed blonde hair looks great too! Thank you Amy!!

22nd October 2020

A special thank you to Laura Roberts at Juniper endoscopy ward. She carried out my endoscopy perfectly. She explains everything she possibly can to put me at ease too. As she carries out the endoscopy, looking in to the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen makes it all worthwhile!! Thank you so much

21st October 2020

Thank you to Amy, Dilly and especially Laura Roberts at Juniper endoscopy unit. The treatment I received for many years and again today is always so friendly and professional. The way they put me at ease with what can be a horrible, painful experience (endoscopy, gastroscopy etc) is second to none! The endoscopy carried out by Laura Roberts was pain free, I didn't even realise it was being carried out!! They really are a shining example of a great NHS. I nearly look forward to seeing them again!! Thank you.

14th October 2020

First time in my life I have been hospitalised and I have been blown away with all the staff from the paramedics that bought me to the porters, cleaners, tea ladies, doctors and the amazing nurses. I can believe my eyes on what they have to do and it's non stop I'm blown away... You see real camaraderie and teamwork in action and lots of empathy, sympathy and love is given for free

Review of Rheumatology Outpatients, written by a patient
9th October 2020

Satisfaction:
First time meeting my consultant, he’s great! Takes his time, didn’t rush me out the door. Only thing I’m upset and angry about is the fact I’ve got a parking ticket even though the barriers were tied up and I checked the pay machine that didn’t have a cover on it and it was out of use. What do I do?!

Improvement:
Help me with this parking fine issue please.

Experience
Kindness
Doctor communication
8th October 2020

This was a very scary time for me, I had back pain the likes of which I had never experienced before and I could not walk or even sit. The medical registrar and SHO took fantastic care of me and facilitated a rapid MRI. The porters were very kind and forewarned me of every upcoming jostle. The staff in MRI were incredibly gentle sliding me to and from the scanner. The neurosurgery registrar and consultant were based at Queens but both contacted me to discuss the findings and the plan. ED staff were also very kind and brought pain relief when I needed it. Listening to some of the nonsense whinging I could hear from other patients about utter trivialities I felt immense sympathy for the staff. Thank you to everyone who helped me get mobile and home.

Review of Dahlia Ward, written by a patient
7th October 2020

Satisfaction:
Every member of staff I encountered was very professional, kind and caring. Nothing was too much trouble despite the ward being extremely busy as they were aiming to complete 100 knee and hip replacement surgeries in a week. I could not imagine receiving better attention and treatment at any other facility.

Improvement:
When I was waiting in a wheelchair at the green zone entrance for my husband to collect me on discharge, there was a change of security guard. The new security guard sat close to me with his mask below his nose and was sniffing continually for the 5 minutes I waited for my husband to arrive. Unacceptable behaviour for a Covid free area of the hospital and very disconcerting for someone who has just undergone surgery.

Experience
Kindness
Doctor communication
6th October 2020

Amazing service all the team was so nice and Helpful Thank you so much for everything

2nd October 2020

I would recommend this treatment to my friends and family.

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev