king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 165,448 reviews

21st June 2022

I received very good attention from the staff who attended to me. They were professional and always ready to receive and attend to your enquiries. Keep it up Team King George Hospital

The unpleasant experience has to do with having to wait for 12 hours before I was admitted. I endured excruciating discomfort and pains during this long wait. Team King George should do something about the patient processing period to lessen the waiting time to lessen pain and discomfort.

21st June 2022

Service was so poor. Staff were rude. No waiting facilities outside. I have never ever got this type of poor service in emergency in my life. So bad service. My opinion you don’t need to keep this service. I went there at1330 and back home at 03:30. Can you imagine 14 hours in emergency with severe back pain. So you must have to reduce your waiting time and provide good service. Thanks.

All I wrote above box

21st June 2022

I was in huge pain and I waited to be seen from 2pm untill midnight when I went home without doctor seeing me.I asked pain killer which I have got it at around 10 pm.I am very disappointed....

The patient to be seen as soonest possible by a doctor .

21st June 2022

Because of poor service I received from the hospital.

The waiting time for a doctor is really long , i waited 14 hours to see a doctor. This needs to be fixed urgently.

21st June 2022

The receptionists were very rude and appeared to blame patients for administrative errors eg the UTC receptionist when we were mistold to go there instead of ED. Various members of staff did not tell me what they were doing or why. However, the HCA who did my ECG and bloods was very friendly and Dr Suliman was extremely helpful and thorough. I was delighted and reassured with Dr Suliman’s assessment and wish to pass on my thanks.

Reception staff should try to speak to patients with more patience. Issues with BHRUT/NHS bureaucracy should not be blamed on patients.

21st June 2022

Wait times were ridiculous, there were no chairs to sit in while waiting to be triaged and I was there because I was extremely dizzy and had passed out several times before I arrived. At one point I was forced to sit on the floor so I didn’t fall over. Once they sent me to majors I then waited for over 7 hours to see a dr. Once I had seen the Dr I was treated very quickly. Had a CT scan and medication within the hour then discharged to go home despite feeling so dizzy I once again had to sit on the floor so I didn’t fall over before I got to the exit.

The wait times are ridiculous. I understand that they are under staffed and funding is an issue but to be made to wait that long when you feel that poorly is unacceptable. There’s are no chairs at all while you queue for triage. That’s irresponsible and dangerous.

21st June 2022

I was brought in by ambulance at approximately 7pm I’d had three episodes of passing out. This has never happened to me before. I was left in the waiting room, where I whitenesses three altercations (2 physical)! I was terrified! My daughters collected me at 11 pm and took me to the Broomfield Hospital, where I was attended to, with care and dignity. I never want to experience that again. Those poor staff members!! They should not have to deal with the appalling behaviour of patients that frequent the A&E. Why is it allowed??

Told all patient only one relative per patient. Anyone able to fight or shout, should leave as they are clearly fit and well!

21st June 2022

I was waiting 15 hours to see the doctor.That’s time they don’t provide any food nothing,I was diabetic patient I asked several time.In my life never waiting long time to see the doctor.When doctors saw me she didn’t see me properly .I was very much shocked of service.Whole night I was waiting in A/E without any sleeping.I don’t know what kind of Emergency.

Need more professional doctors

21st June 2022

I was in a&e for a total of 14 hours which then led to being sent to the UTC for an additional hour. In total I had a 15 hour wait when I had experience head trauma your triaging service is absolutely horrendous and your staff are being paid Band 3/4/5’s for no reason when there was no good communication or organisation. This is why the NHS is being put to blame, when you have a&e staff complain about patients coming up and asking them what the waiting time is, how far down the list they are etc. they respond with disgusting attitude and shout out loud for everyone to hear “ WE NEED A SIGN TO SAY 16 HOUR WAIT, DO NOT COME UP TO THE RECEPTIONIST” honestly i wish I caught the name of the middle aged receptionist who shouted that out because if I was to visit once more I could clearly spot her. There are no people skills. Really and truly the department manager or even supervisor of A&E should have been present when the waiting times were increasing. To help come with a solution, The only treatment I got was having my blood pressure checked Atleast 4 times without seeing the doctor after 14 hours to be told to be sent to UTC? You should and CAN do better. Your triaging system is useless whats the point of being provided a red card system when your not classed as urgent after seeing a second nurse? What is the need of seeing 2 nurses? This is why king George hospital is looked down upon, why PALS AND PELC receive huge amount of complaints in regards to king George hospital.Your front security is pointless they are unable to direct patients to the correct place when they can’t even understand what a patient needs. I myself work in the NHS and honestly never have I ever experienced this type of neglect EVER. I have filed a complaint because not one person not even the doctor from UTC showed compassion or apologised for the wait. Your doctors excuses are “too many patients”if that is the case honestly organise yourselves properly outsource yourselves bring in more staff bank doctors it’s not good enough. It’s so sad that regretted coming all the way down to king George from ilford to deal with yourselves when I just should’ve bandages my own head and bled out and went to RLH because the wait would have only been max 6 hours. Do better. Get better managment. Get better staff who can control their younger.

Better organisation, better flow of things, better staff. Get rid of your ridiculous triaging system with two nurses. COMPASSIONATE STAFF WITH CARING DOCTORS. Not those who give attitude back. Especially when it’s a small question of “how much longer is the wait” someone in a&e doesn’t need to hear someone from the health care system give them sarcastic or rude attitude back. You should be calm and collective, your the one behind a plastic sheiks sitting comfortably behind a computer with a fan and snacks.. while you have someone on the opposite side either crying in pain, bleeding out etc.

21st June 2022

I had to make 3 Emergency calls in order that ambulance turned up When I was in the hospital everything that I stated was countered & to an extent ridiculed Appalling hospital & treatment

Everything could have been better including admission times & contemptuous remarks

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev