king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 153,346 reviews

6th September 2021

I believe that they were kind enough to take me in this time round, I was not given the choice of getting involved in terms of the treatment options, This solution provided by the response doctor was not comforting at all!

I guess more checks on the consultants of their different daily decisions! As for as patients are concerned they cannot ensure what doctor is tell them is true!

6th September 2021

The service was a disgrace myself and my daughter was involved in a car accident and wasn’t even sent to A&E we was at King George ECT didn’t get seen hours, when we did see a doctor my daughter said this is very unprofessional when he check us over we was sent to A&E where the most rudest receptionist told us we have to wait 7 hours we would be starting all over again. Waited til 2am got to see the triage nurse who offered us both 2 paracetamol. We then both left HNS is like 3 world but a bit posher.

Everything

6th September 2021

Nice and very kind and very careful

No need

6th September 2021

It took 12 hours to get treatment in EMERGENCY which is not at all APPROPRIATE If someone comes with heart disease the person will DIE for sure.

Treat person as an emergency, don’t take 12 hours for emergency

6th September 2021

I have a trapped nerve / blood vessel in my left leg ,I cannot walk more than 30 feet without my leg going numb . All I was told was take pain killers,I still cannot walk and get woke up at night with pain in my foot.

Make the waiting time quicker I was from 6a.m. and didn't get seen until about 11:45. The staff shouldn't go by pass records and concentrate on the issue your there for.

6th September 2021

I waited 6 hours without being seen by any practitioner / doctors . I had to eventually leave as it was nearly midnight and there were no updates available on how long it may still be and as I am A career for my grandma I had to go home even though I was in pain . I had never wanted to come into a&e as I have had bad experiences before however this time it was unbearable and upon hearing another lady had been there for 11 hours without being seen , I could not fathom the wait and I took my pain home . I had a bad fall from around 7 feet from a ladder and my shoulder and neck are still in pain and it pains me to say that I am going to have to come back and waste another 6-11 hours of time just to be seen by a doctor . I visited the barking hospital in hope that they could see me and I got sent to king George’s and the GP doesn’t give any other alternative so it seems I have no option but to face the poor level of service for another time .

Can you atleast give some kind of inclination of how long the wait may be on a personal level . When hearing that patients have been waiting for over 10 hours and they still do not have an idea how long they have to wait around is completely unecceptable and this cannot be classed as an urgent / emergency unit .

6th September 2021

I have been trying to make a complaint about the doctor that “treated” my mother. No one knows his name, apparently it’s not on the file. He was rude and kept making assumptions that my mother comes to the accident and emergency all the time for minor things. My mother hasn’t stepped food in a hospital for almost 6 years. He made her wait for two hours for a prescription, which in the end she left without anything because of the pain she was in. I had asked two nurses to find out why it was taking so long as my mother was worsening but they never got back to us. Disappointed does not cut it. You all should be ashamed of yourself!

Cut waiting times down and teach the doctors some respect

6th September 2021

Was there from half 3 until midnight without speaking to a single doctor.! I have a blood test done which took hours to see someone. I came in because i was in pain and concerned and i didnt even get seen or an outcome and had to walk out due to having my kids at home with a family member who had to go home. The time spent in the hospital was horrendous. Ladies at recpetion in the urgent care are unbelievable they ignore you while ur clearly looking at them to be seen. I tried to speak to a women behind there she looked at me put her head down and started smiling playing with her hair and ignored me.herself and another young lady working with her were also talking and laughing and clearly pointing and looking at people in the waiting area. Then the time spent around majors was terrible. A male receptionist that was working that evening was very rude and disrespectful he refused to even tell me how many people i had infront or how long the wait was his attitude was disgusting.

Staff at reception need to learn respect for patients and staff need to be ready to answer questions and be able to be polite. The waiting times are horrendous especially going to the hospital for an emergency and not even be seen for 7 and half hours and to be told i had another 3 to go .! This was at midnight.

6th September 2021

All the staff I dealt with were professional and took the time to understand my problem. Dr Khan was excellent in his fact finding and judgement.

Long delay post triage - six hours from arrival to discharge. I know this is a people and resource issue, but this is too long. Also more space for doctor to consult with their patients clearly needed. We followed Dr Khan through the department as he searched for a space we could talk in.

6th September 2021

The waits were 10 hours long. Coffee machine was broke! Chairs were ridiculously uncomfortable. There was more security guards than nurses. Was diabolical

Everything.

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev