king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 153,346 reviews

7th September 2021

Nurse who triaged me before doctor saw me was flimsy and opinionated.

Waiting hours

6th September 2021

Because I am still hurt and the doctors really didn’t do anything

I don’t really know but you need more non English friendly people and you need to improve on helping people who don’t have COVID-19.

6th September 2021

The doctors who were involved in caring were great. However, waiting for more than 9 hours and 45 minutes just to see a doctor is extremely difficult especially for a asthma patient.

Decrease waiting times just to see a doctor.

6th September 2021

Dr, kept cutting me off, not allowing me to talk, didn’t explain fully how long this was likely to cause me pain, time it would take to be fixed

For the Dr’s to allow the patient to talk, ask questions

6th September 2021

Unfortunately I was waiting in A&E in such a pain and was seen only after couple hours then left sitting on the chair waiting from 7 pm till 10 pm when moved to intensive care. Staff were bery rude to my partner keep repeating that he might catch covid if he won’t leave. Afterwarda I was not updated on my care when they moved me to MRU at KGH, needed to wait a long time to use toilet or have jar of water. Then I was promised to be discharged and they moved me to side room as they called where was cold and no one came to check on me for 6 hours when I asked when I am going to be discharged they were not aware about it and said I should stay.

Better care, staff being more nice

6th September 2021

I felt I was treated fairly at the hospital, however I felt like the doctor was very quick to let me go home and didn’t really seem to care too much. I under it’s busy at the moment but I just felt as though I was being hurried out.

I think it was absolutely outrageous that some people were allowed family members with them and some people like myself had to sit alone. I was in severe pain with chest pain and being 25 my mum was obviously concerned about me and wanted to be with her daughter. She got turned away as I was over 16 and I was left on my own which was fine because rules are rules. What’s not fine is me sitting in a&e surrounded by people with family members with them. I’m not talking elderly people I’m talking middle aged adults and people of my age which I thought was very very unfair. It should not be one rule for one and one rule for another. I never ever have a bad word to say about this hospital or the NHS as I work for them but I found this disgusting.

6th September 2021

Although the wait in king George's was extremely long when I did get to see the doctor I was treated with dignity and the nurses and doctors were very caring.I was put onto a ward and the night sister Cheryl greeted me with a cup of tea and couldnt do enough for me.The ward was an observation one.My blood pressure diabetas checks and temperature was done regularly.I was well looked after and cant thank the staff enough for caring for me

Because gps are not seeing their patients so many people are going to a and e for treatment.I tried all week to get a doctors aptment.Because my problem was to do with my heart I had to eventuAlly go to hospital.So unfortunately the hospitals are finding it overwhelmed with patients

6th September 2021

I went into A&E in the middle of the night. It’s been a week and I still have no received the results of my tests although I was told they would be forward to my GP in the next couple of hours. I am yet to find out what is wrong with me before I am able to take steps forward for recovery. To be quite honest, the system has taken a massive downwards toll and it’s a shame that being let down by the system is a completely normal thing. I am extremely dissatisfied and would rather continue in pain than attend A&E.

Responding accordingly, no nurses or doctors were available for assistance. Test results were non existent once blood was taken.

6th September 2021

Excellent caring quick care throughout the entire experience could not be more grateful

Nothing it was great

6th September 2021

Overall the experience was bad. Stuck with no bed for 2 days, no shower available at all. Nurses kept fobbing me off, had to ask for a water at least 3 times, no help with getting changed as I was hooked up to machine, couple of the staff were rude and cold.

Please see above

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev