king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 153,347 reviews

13th September 2021

The doctors and nurses were very kind, caring and provided excellent care.

Shorter waiting time.

13th September 2021

I went a day after having a chemo, with a pain on my leg, I couldn’t walk and nobody got me a wheel chair I beg for them to let my husband stay with me considering my state and they did not allowed him, as a cancer patient on chemo I was very cold and I have to beg for a blanket for 5 hours, after 13 hours there and without going to any cubicle they sent me home without a discharge letter explaining what was wrong.

Everything. I went there for a cancer surgery on the 15th of July and my feedback was 10 out of 10 but I don’t want to go to the A&E there any more on my life

13th September 2021

I arrived at urgent care at 1.15pm, was transferred to A&E, where I didn’t see a doctor until 8.45pm. I was having a miscarriage. I found the wait entirely unacceptable. I didn’t leave until midnight. The care I got from the nurses and doctors was fantastic, however the wait time had a huge impact on an already distressing situation. The reception staff were also great - giving patients information about queues, and being very open and transparent. They could also not be faulted.

Improve waiting times.

13th September 2021

Firstly I work for the NHS in a separate trust so I understand the pressures in hospital and a+e in general and the need for reaching a 4 hour target. I spent 12 hours in a+e which is absolutely shocking. Alot of the nursing assistants expressed their shock too and how 'this can't go on!'. The doctors who i saw were good- they treated me with kindness and kept updating me. Some of the nurses need to be more compassionate and caring particularly one of the nurses in charge who was on the day shift on Saturday 11th September. Patients are sick that's why they come to A+E. I work with patients and I ensure that patients are treated with dignity and respect even when they may get frustrated about waiting times etc. At the end of the day they are sick. There were only few occasions in the 12 hours I was waiting when I asked one of the nurses 'how long do I have to wait for my scan', 'when can I go home' 'when will the doctors see me'. The responses from the nurse were terrible. If she doesn't want to be there and she doesn't like her job she should quit. This is just one particular staff member who was senior that I am referring to, the other staff were kind and compassionate.

Remember your job involves caring for patients who are unwell. Show empathy and kindness and treat them with respect. The shocking waiting times need to be addressed ASAP. Some staff members mentioned there were a lack of staff due to sickness etc. There needs to be back up staff or the a+e should be closed if they can't handle the patients. The a+e wasn't even busy when i came and still I waited 12 hours another waited 18 hours. I've worked in a+e in a different trust and this a+e was not busy

13th September 2021

I was incorrectly recorded as 'missing' in the system by which i was just waiting for no reason in the first 5 hours since i registered in A&E. Loads of confusions it created.I was asked to go from receptionist to nurse to the doctor to the admin staff to sort out all by myself for the silly mistake they did

Each member of staff should take their own responsibility but i could see is just kicking from their list to someone else's

13th September 2021

Waited over 9 hours and did get to see doctor or anyone. Careless staff , completely not knowing why are their there and their roles there.

At least to see a patient

13th September 2021

18 hours sitting in a plastic chair with only 2 drinks offered and no food. Staff were great but waiting times was ridiculous. Was told on several occasions that i needed to see a surgeon urgently but that didnt happen until i had been there for over 12 hours. Mr Mustafa Ismail was a wonderful surgeon who was so kind and got me the treatment i needed

Not left me sitting there in pain. And offer of some sort of food and drink after so long would

13th September 2021

Excellent treatment from every member of staff I needed to speak to .

It was extremely brilliant busy . I was there for 9 and a half hours . Could have been better informed about the waiting time and why .

13th September 2021

I had a awful experience! Was discharged without diagnosis Was put in a filthy dirty bed surrounded by rubbish on the floor at a time when Covid is so bad!!!

I would not even send my dog there for treatment.

Review of Cardiology,
13th September 2021

I had a video consultation today. I did the test call successfully 2 weeks ago. When I tried to start my call this morning it would not connect as it said that my Internet connection was not fast enough. Fortunately my daughter lives nearby and I was able to jump in the car and visit her. She was able to connect me quickly and I signed on with 5 minutes to spare. The video consultation was good, but I am worried that in future I could have the same last minute problem with connecting.

I was surprised that I passed the test call and was unable to connect for the real consultation. I would probably ask for a face to face consultation in future.

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev