king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 165,448 reviews

28th June 2022

My experience at A&E King George Hospital could easily say it was the worst ever. I waited for 13 hours and didn't get to see any of the doctors. The nurses was ok but they left me on the chairs for 13 hours without any treatment. I was suffering with dizziness, nausea vomiting. Sharp shooting pain in the back of my head. They did a blood test and a CTG because my chest was hurting and my left arm was feeling pin and needles. And I didn't get to talk with No One about the result. Went in asked so many times if anyone was going to see me as i wasn't feeling well, the staff answered so rude if you want to stay wait if not just go. That is the million pounds question. And all sort of things. I asked if I could see someone as i could not stay there non stop as I had my 2 kids at home with my friend and she needed to get to her family. But they didn't care no matter what I said or asked them. I said I am going to complain about the way you are treating me in here... and they said ohhh please do so. I am so disappointed and shocked with the behaviour of the staff at King George Hospital A&E. I wouldn't wish anyone to be in that position and in need of help from those people.

Be more kind and professional. Think about the people that come there in need of your help. We don't come there for fun or spend the day miserably on the chairs without any care.

Irrespective of sickness, waiting time was 6 hours. Thats really bad

Please identify the person who need immediate care.

28th June 2022

I arrived at the a&e on the 20th of June at 18:30 and ended up leaving at 10:30 the next day. I was made to stand for 5 plus hours with no chairs available. Was often forgot about by the staff there and was never actually told how long I would be here for and i was constantly being moved around to other members of staff and had to re explain why I was there.

Offer chairs for people standing, give etas on how long things are going to go on for. Have the nurses note down what’s happening with me instead of me having to repeat each time. Show a bit of care towards the patients More staff

28th June 2022

Generally I thought how I was treated was good. In terms of communication, both the doctor and nurses that spoke with me were quite informative and honest. I appreciate they are dealing with a high volume of patients but sometimes I was left for long periods of time without an update, which left me feeling anxious. But I can’t complain about how I was spoken to throughout my time in A & E.

Hard to really make a judgment about this statement as often as a patient you don’t get to see the whole picture and what challenges the staff my be managing.

28th June 2022

In a&e treated poorly waited ages told to leave by doctor then daughter rung them and then they rung us back had to go in then admitted for treatment

To know and read records before speaking to paicaints as not very good especially in a&e

28th June 2022

I had to wait standing in a line with a broken arm for 1 hour before I even reached reception. There was then a further 2 hour wait for x rays and then a 4 hour wait in emergency to have my arm snapped back in place and a cast put over at 4am. I then had to wait a further 2 hours for an ambulance to take me to Queen's to deal with the fractures as King George couldn't help me there. The ambulance did not arrive and I had to make my own way.

I could have been dressed up in the first instance and sent to queen's without having to prolong matters at King George. There should also be someone who is at least semi-trained to help triage those that come in and are having to wait standing for an hour at A&E.

28th June 2022

I arrived at Urgent care at 20:55 on Wednesday 20th and left at 11:30am on Thursday 21st. 14 hrs to be cleared and I was actually seen physcially by professionals for only about 20 minutes altogether. This is unacceptable. I felt sorry for the parents with children waiting for 3 hrs on their feet. To be fair when seen, Drs and nurses were very good. One of the Drs in triage was not great though. He was not very warm. I was just another patient. That’s how I felt.

Reduce the time of waiting. I had to miss work and I also did not sleep for 32 hours that day. Completely unacceptable.

28th June 2022

I was waiting for a long time to see the doctor.every time I ask the nurse’s ingot me and they went into a room on there phones texting .I was told a doctor is coming to see me an hour later was still waiting to see a doctor . My drip was finished nurses just walked passed me when I told them .there was about three other doctors just talking about other hospitals and talking about patients in the hospital at the same time as me which is not good to talk about other patients.and when a porter took me to X-ray smacked the door into my knee which I just had an operation on it never said sorry or anything

A lot more care to the patients who in A&E

28th June 2022

The personal absolutely fantastic! Caring and helpful!

Absolutely uneducated waiting time!!!! Came to minors to see gp. Was waiting 4 hours to see him it's OK. But he send me after to majors and this becomes a nightmare!!! Waiting time almost 10 hours to see doctor!!! And nobody count those 4 hours wich I am already spent in hospital!!! So in total 14 hours you want me to spent in the hospital?? This is a joke?! So I came from work that mean I woke up 5am. In my case total I have to be awake nearly 24h to see doctor, are you serious? Even healthy person will be stressed and down to have this challenge!!!

28th June 2022

I waited a long time but I am aware that the nhs is stretched. However the staff are absolutely amazing and do a wonderful job.

I don’t think that anyone who reads this message will be able to change the waiting times! That is due to a lack of new hospitals!! But again the staff and facilities are second to none. Keep up the brilliant work.

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev