Share review of King George Hospital

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

11th October 2021

I went a&e at 7pm, by the time i was booked in it was 7.45. I went in with severe chest pain and breathing difficulties and had collapsed. I was left in the waiting room for hours without being checked. Until my husband when and asked and to say the waiting time on the board says 4 hours wait, its passed that my wife has not been checked once! She could have a heartattack by the time she gets any attention. He was told I was 7 people behind. But within minutes I was called in. Then told I need to have blood tests and ecg done which will take another 4 hours to do. We waited eventually bloods and ecg was done. It was 3.30am still haven’t been seen by a doctor. I asked the receptionist passing by to check how many people infront of me, she said 8! After I asked the triage nurse how long is the wait before a doctor can see me she checked up and came back and told me another 6 hours wait!!!! I was in pain, hungry, exhausted and now suffering from severe back and leg pain from sitting down as I suffer severe arthritis I didn’t know which condition I wanted the doctor to check first!! Another 6 hours would’ve taken me to 9.30am!! I have left my children home, i was upset depressed and suffering from anxiety by then. I had to make that decision if i die I will die, but need to get back home to my children whom were alone at hme. So I left. But the most worrying part of this whole experience was, that not once the hospital tried to contact me or chase upon if I had truly left in my own accord or something drastic has happened to me? Or if I had gone to the bathroom and collapsed? Or even tripped over and lying dead somwhere??? Wow!!! This has shook me!!! NHS does not care!! Or they dnt care at king George!!! The most questionable question is that it wasn’t even BUSY, everything was under control, the services was running smoothly and promptly!! There was an empty seat between each patient sitting in the waiting area, most people had a chaperone’s too!!! So whats the cause of making patients wait and suffer in pain. So many people were really suffering. I have been to a&e many many times and this was actually the most quietest day I had ever experienced between Royal London, Newham General, Queens and King george!!!! So sadly I am extremely disgusted with the service and the lack of empathy. I can say that day I decided I dnt wish to campaign and support the Hospital any longer as If im not getting the treatment whats the point???

I think some patients are more priority then others, this is where it went wrong! They treated patients in the order they were booked in. Certain thing such as observations and bloods could possibly be taken at during assessment instead of making patients whom have gone to you in trauma and pain, come in and out like a yoyo and making them stressed and even more depressed. Especially patients in a wheelchair were stopped by security to bring in a chaperone!!! But yet there wasn’t anyone there to help them? Including me!!! If my husband wasn’t there by force, In would’ve been stuck and no one to push me in and out 100 times from one room to another to have my obs done!!!. Next open cubicle’s for a private and personal experience and form patient such like me and elderly to have that space to manage their pain privately.

Experience