hospital-of-st-john-and-st-elizabeth

Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth

60 Grove End Road, St Johns Wood, London, England, NW8 9NH

3rd March 2021

We have had a great experience at the hospital of St. John's and Elizabeth's. Everyone is really friendly and helpful and make a hospital appointment feel relaxed. It is also heartening to know that any profits made by the hospital go towards supporting St. John's Hospice and the profits are all for a good cause.

3rd March 2021

I went to the urgent care centre for a case of haemorrhoids. The Doctor asked if I had insurance and I said that I did not. He said that he could get the Gastro Department to see me. No cost was mentioned. I went up to The Gastrointestinal Department and was sent into see the doctor. He asked if costs had been explained to me and I told him they had not. He explained his costs and I accepted. To cut a long story short I was charged over £600 for a simple case of piles. I feel well and truly robbed of my pockets not to mention the feeling of distrust for this hospital. Costs should be clear and transparent they are not here. 4 weeks on and I have not received a report on my condition from the doctor or any correspondence pertaining to my condition. I would never trust this hospital with my health

23rd February 2021

I highly recommend this hospital. The care I received exceeded my expectations and I cannot conceive how there could be a better experience for anyone receiving treatment.

12th February 2021

We received extremely unprofessional and rude care from one of the paediatrician endocrinologist doctors at the hospital. Being in a vulnerable position as parents of a poorly child under care of a doctor, this doctor sent us very rude and intimidating emails over our polite and innocent request of correcting a sentence that we interpreted as a mistake on the clinical letter issued by her. Wasted few weeks of our precious time when we could have been consulting someone else who is more serious about providing care to the patients and diagnosing the issue rather than petty admin matters and threatening us to charge more fees for such email correspondence which could have been dealt with by her secretary !! Further she was quick to schedule a follow up appointment even when all test results were not available with her to discuss the diagnosis. When I had raised this with hospital staff and asked that perhaps rescheduling the appointment when the doctor has all results available, my concerns was very rudely dismissed with a comment that doctor is aware of this! With regards to her diagnosis, she was quick to dismiss my daughter’s symptoms as one off as they become less severe but still wanted to keep her under her regular monitoring care ! We don’t understand why regular monitoring is required if this is one off - as private patients this felt like a fee making tactic !! Not just that she did not even schedule all the tests that were supposed to happen to diagnose my daughter’s symptoms. She provided diagnosis on the basis of incomplete set of information. That I suppose is gross negligence! After the follow up when my daughter’s symptoms were diagnosed as one off and her symptoms become severe again, we had asked if these are indeed one-off but we never received a response! She was only focussed on responding to our request for my daughter’s allergy information rather than the main issue regarding my daughter’s symptoms.

12th February 2021

We received extremely unprofessional and rude care from one of the paediatrician endocrinologist doctors at the hospital. Being in a vulnerable position as parents of a poorly child under care of a doctor, this doctor sent us very rude and intimidating emails over our polite and innocent request of correcting a sentence that we interpreted as a mistake on the clinical letter issued by her. After wasting few weeks of our precious time when we could have been consulting someone else who is more serious about providing care to the patients and diagnosing the issue rather than petty admin matters and threatening us to charge more fees!! We will now have to find another consultant as we have lost our confidence in this paediatrician’s ability to provide professional care to our daughter.

3rd February 2021

It’s an excellent hospital with very helpful and attentive stuff. Once I was late more than half an hour for an appointment and didnt expect that anyone could still see me. But the stuff was very helpful and understanding so they found some time to see me anyway. Thank you!

26th January 2021

This place is beyond a joke! Before my surgery I was told I had to pay up front to later be refunded by my insurer. I did as I was told. But still provided my insurance details on all my forms when it came it all my appointments. However I was logged as a 'self- pay'. For the last month I have been trying to sort this to get my money back. I finally had my insurer pay Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth and now they are saying they cant find the payment. That's despite me sending the invoice and remit. Now they have my money and my insurers money! Clearly they have my money. They have the evidence of that in two documents and I have a further document proving they have been paid. All I keep getting is 'we will check this Friday and see if it's hit the account'. Payment was sent! I am a final year student. I don't have much money. The money I did use was a loan. I think it's disgusting what you've done!!!

17th January 2021

I went into the hospital for a revision of a paraosophageal hiatus hernia repair. The staff, on the whole were friendly and helpful, but no more so the an NHS member of staff, Things rapidly went down hill when I pointed out at 11.00 AM, the day after my op, I had not had anything to eat As I was on a fluid only diet, I did expect a better choice that Chicken consomme, which just tasted like salt or vegetable consomme, which again tasted of salt. I was never offered these delights but always had to ask for them. The idea of eating 3 meals per days of salty soup is fairly disgusting. I really would not suggest using this hospital. They also inflated the bills.

26th October 2020

I recently entered St John and Elizabeth several times for the treatment/ removal of kidney stones in both kidneys, by Mr Ajayi. I cannot speak highly enough on my treatment. Every aspect of the stone removal procedures was carried out with excellence. Cleanliness, patient care, technical professionalism by Mr Ajayi were all first class. I would have no hesitation in recommending in the highest terms, the hospital and Mr Ajayi in particular. Very many thanks Best regards Ken Butcher

14th September 2020

I had to have a procedure at St. John and St. Elisabeth shortly after the easing of restrictions in July. I was not looking forward to the procedure or the hospital visit, but once there, I felt safe. Covid 19 guidelines were followed and every room I visited was impeccably clean. Most of the staff I encountered were friendly and eager to answer any questions or provide information, directions (the hospital is bigger than I thought). I would gladly return to St. John and St. Elisabeth for future care.

{{category}} working at Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth: http://iwgc.net/eb4c2