Report this review of Good Hope Hospital

19th April 2020

My uncle was admitted to hospital yesterday with stomach pains and he kept throwing up. He has cerebral palsy and is very vulnerable due to this. My Nan was allowed to wait with him for a little while until a nurse told her that she had to leave. My uncle was unaware of this and due to his vulnerability he was worried and scared. My Nan called the ward and asked them if they could inform my uncle that she was told to go home - they didn’t do this. My Nan then asked somebody on the phone if they knew what was wrong with my uncle (they knew what was wrong with him) , but they told my Nan that they ‘couldn’t discuss it’ . My Nan was then told that my uncle had really bad constipation. They put something in his bum ( I don’t know the name of it) to make him go to the toilet , but due to his cerebral palsy he cannot walk so, he pooed himself. They left my uncle in his own feases and just changed his jeans into some leggings. My Nan picked him up today and my uncle told her that all the staff were nasty to him - he thought my Nan had left him and he was crying his eyes out. Everybody on the ward wanted to go home due to the staff being rude. I understand with everything going on right now is putting a lot of strain on the NHS and all the workers , but that is no way to treat anybody , including somebody who is disabled and vulnerable . I still appreciate all the amazing NHS workers though , you’re doing amazing! But I think some staff should really think about how they treat people.