gloucestershire-royal-hospital

Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Great Western Road, Gloucester, England, GL1 3NN

1 2 3 4 5 21,775 reviews

21st January 2020

The hospital and staff were wonderful. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance with sciatic pain so severe that I had been considering suicide. The GP surgery had me on the maximum pain treatment for several months...... morphine, gabapentin, codeine, paracetamol...etc.with very little effect. In fact it was getting worse. I was initially examined by the A&E doctor whose name sadly I cannot recall who was lovely and very sympathetic........ and quickly referred to Orthopedic Ward 3B. Here I was examined by Mr Rathnam Sundaram who diagnosed the problem and proposed spinal surgery within three days. The surgery was carried out on schedule by Mr Rathnam Sundaram. When I awoke in recovery I was without pain for the first time in years... The recovery nurse was beautiful and I really..... really.... thought I had died and she was an angel... named "Mercy".... at least according to the nameplate. She even came to see me in the ward to check that I was OK. From that day I have been without pain........ for the first time in years. Thank you..... you have saved my life. I wish I could remember all the names of all the wonderful staff who looked after me but here are some of those..... Mr Rathnam Sundaram... Spinal Surgeon Mercy...Recovery Room Nurse Nurses from Orthopedic Ward 3B Sharmaine Betty Kizzy Poppy Anne Beth Mandy Julian Thanks again to you all... Richard Parkinson

24th December 2019

Health care assistance are useless did not wash or clean my old age dad at all he left hospital after a week with very sore skin and looked dirty terrible care

22nd December 2019

The staff at Gloucester Royal Hospital are very caring and treat patients very well. I would not wish to be treated anywhere else as they are patient with me although I am a very difficult patient.

5th September 2019

I was in as a surgery day case yesterday and can't praise the hospital enough. I was running late due to bad traffic but they were completely understanding. I was seen promptly and guided through the whole process of my procedure by informative, kind, considerate and overwhelmingly friendly staff. Massive thank you to Lucy and Mary at the Mayhill Unit. They couldn't do enough for me or the other patients around them, they put me completely at ease. Nothing was too much trouble. Also massive thanks to the anaesthetic team, they had me in stitches and couldn't of asked to go into the operating room with a more positive vibe. Thank you to everyone involved.

27th August 2019

Staff did not respect me for the injury complications. Staff were judgemental. I was entitled to no say. Problems were noticed but even the treatment that was necessary was not provided. Since being ignored the injury has deteriated with stitches breaking due to swelling and infection.

18th July 2019

The staff that found me in the day ward on the first bank holiday where brilliant, Lucy was great and got me admitted to ward 5b. The nurses and staff on 5b were great and the staff in the ERCP center were great as well.

17th June 2019

Everyone seems to give you the brush off passing you from person to person and no one doing anything.

14th June 2019

Although the staff did my observations every 15 mins for a couple of hours after my operation they didn't try to help me to the toilet. I had a drip and drain tube in and found it difficult to get out of the bed and to the bathroom. My sheets and blankets were all over the place and I couldn't tidy the bed myself and nobody came to do it either. I was in a side room as I was there as a private patient and also because I have an ICD fitted which had had to be turned off during the operation and on again afterwards. My room door was left open all the time so it was easy enough for them to pop their head in to see if I was comfortable or not.

5th February 2019

Really cannot complain about this hospital or it’s staff it facilitates Pleased to be patient and our patient seen by excellent consultants.

Review of Endoscopy Suite, written by a patient
6th December 2018

Okay helpful staff

{{category}} working at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Gloucestershire Royal Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb39u