gloucestershire-royal-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 21,772 reviews Write a review

Gloucestershire Royal Hospital

Great Western Road, Gloucester, England, GL1 3NN

5th September 2019

I was in as a surgery day case yesterday and can't praise the hospital enough. I was running late due to bad traffic but they were completely understanding. I was seen promptly and guided through the whole process of my procedure by informative, kind, considerate and overwhelmingly friendly staff. Massive thank you to Lucy and Mary at the Mayhill Unit. They couldn't do enough for me or the other patients around them, they put me completely at ease. Nothing was too much trouble. Also massive thanks to the anaesthetic team, they had me in stitches and couldn't of asked to go into the operating room with a more positive vibe. Thank you to everyone involved.

27th August 2019

Staff did not respect me for the injury complications. Staff were judgemental. I was entitled to no say. Problems were noticed but even the treatment that was necessary was not provided. Since being ignored the injury has deteriated with stitches breaking due to swelling and infection.

18th July 2019

The staff that found me in the day ward on the first bank holiday where brilliant, Lucy was great and got me admitted to ward 5b. The nurses and staff on 5b were great and the staff in the ERCP center were great as well.

17th June 2019

Everyone seems to give you the brush off passing you from person to person and no one doing anything.

14th June 2019

Although the staff did my observations every 15 mins for a couple of hours after my operation they didn't try to help me to the toilet. I had a drip and drain tube in and found it difficult to get out of the bed and to the bathroom. My sheets and blankets were all over the place and I couldn't tidy the bed myself and nobody came to do it either. I was in a side room as I was there as a private patient and also because I have an ICD fitted which had had to be turned off during the operation and on again afterwards. My room door was left open all the time so it was easy enough for them to pop their head in to see if I was comfortable or not.

5th February 2019

Really cannot complain about this hospital or it’s staff it facilitates Pleased to be patient and our patient seen by excellent consultants.

Review of Endoscopy Suite, written by a patient
6th December 2018

Okay helpful staff

16th November 2018

I had major lower back surgery under Mr Rathnam Sundaram and was moved to ward 3. As i was unable to eat the food i was offered,my choice as the food did not appeal,i lost three kilo in the three day stay.The catering staff knew i had not eaten but i was never offered an alternative,even a sandwich would have been nice. During the second evening and night i developed hiccups so to save disturbing the ward i sat in the corridor all night but although there were nurses in the area no one came near me.At 05.30 a nurse can on duty who suggested i try drinking a cup of hot water which worked, Please take these comments as constructive criticism.

31st August 2018

Having driven 40 miles at 02:00 to Gloucester as no ambulances were available, I presented with a severe painful foot and leg. No GP was available for six hours and A&E were too busy to see me. "Triage" nurse did minimal exam, said try tomorrow. That morning drove 2 1/2 hours to where I live, presented myself to Portsmouth A&E, and was admitted within 30 minutes, surgery scheduled a week later.

Parent Dignity

Suitable Location
Review of Children's Inpatient,
27th August 2018

The staff were amazing, and very supportive during a difficult time. However, I was unimpressed by the domestics having a break in the parents room on the ward- the parents room should be somewhere parents can escape for a few minutes for a cup of tea, I don't want to listen to bitching about staff members, or motivational YouTube videos. We were also sometimes not told relevent information about our child's health until a couple of shift changes after test results etc. had come back. It seemed like we were just being forgotten.

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Gloucestershire Royal Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb39u