eastbourne-district-general-hospital

Eastbourne District General Hospital

King's Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, England, BN21 2UD

#sayThankYou

Bank holiday Monday taken by ambulance from my home. In great distress with brething problems. Tested negatively for Covid 19 but kept in to treat chest infection. Staff unbelievable in the situation. Can't begin to express my admiration too highly. Discharged Wed. My special regards and thanks to an inexperienced nurse called Helen. She was really a dental receptionist. But she mucked in with whatever task she was set even taking me by wheelchair to main entrance on my discharge and taxi. Good luck and admiration to you all. NATIONAL HEALTH STARS. From Ronald McTrusty. Hospital number X950186

16th April 2020
26th December 2019

Attended A&E at the DGH with my daughter who had abdominal pain and bleeding. Everyone from reception staff to nurses and doctors were polite, attentive and kind. Despite it being a busy Boxing Day, they gave us time, were thorough and understanding with all the tests. Timely pain relief, diagnosis and treatment had us on our way within a few hours. Thank you NHS!!

19th December 2019

Went to A&E this morning with a painful leg. The staff were all brilliant. I had a scan and diagnoses which was all very helpful and put my mind at rest. A few weeks ago I was treated for a broken shoulder. Same great service. We are lucky to have this hospital.

18th August 2019

I had a less than good experience when admitted late at night as an emergency with a kidney problem but, in fairness, it was a particularly busy Friday night. On that occasion, although severely dehydrated, it was 4 hours before I was given IV fluids. As a visitor to A&E this time, I have only praise for all the staff and for the system. From the doctor who insisted on testing for a possible underlying problem, to the phlebotomist and the other staff, my impression was of courtesy, genuine warmth and great professionalism. It was on a par with private treatment. Thank you.

{{category}} working at Eastbourne District General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Eastbourne District General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb33w