Eastbourne District General Hospital

King's Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, England, BN21 2UD

8th December 2017
Written by a member of staff

23rd November 2017

I was recently taken to A&E by ambulance and I want to thank the all staff involved for showing me such kind and efficient care. I could not have been better treated if I had been in a private hospital.

23rd June 2017

My 90 year old father was admitted over the Christmas period. He was seen by a total of 8 consultants over the 6 weeks. He was initially unable to mobilise until eventually after a PALS complaint he was given a walking frame that was too small for him. I then found this was being used by the patient in the next bed to him who had a D & V bug and NOT wiped before it was given back to him. He was treated without dignity or compassion by staff who changed every day with no continuity of care. He couldn't be seen by the physiotherapist until he was fit for discharge but as soon as he was fit for discharge he was sent home in a very frail state.

6th December 2016

My father was due to come home for a bank holiday visit after a long stay in hospital after a stroke - my mother had to go in every lunchtime to ensure he eat and I had to go in every evening to do the same. He fell out of bd the day before he was due to come home for a few hours over the weekend and subsequently DIED a few days later. When it was obvious he was passing soon we were told by the nursing staff - if they kept rolling him it might help him go quicker - disappointed with his care

6th January 2015

I spent Christmas Eve in A & E, having been taken there by ambulance in the early hours . The Drs and nurses were kind and efficient , and I was well cared for . I am sure they were busy , as I could hear lots of coughing coming from other patients. As a retired nurse , it is not easy to be on the receiving end of treatment , but I feel very grateful for the care and attention I received. I had to see my GP 3 days latter but he had not had any information about my visit to A & E, a passing remark he made sounded as if that was quite a usual occurrence . A paper copy given to me , would have been ok , I am sure . Thank you all for your help .