Eastbourne District General Hospital

King's Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, England, BN21 2UD

18th August 2019

I had a less than good experience when admitted late at night as an emergency with a kidney problem but, in fairness, it was a particularly busy Friday night. On that occasion, although severely dehydrated, it was 4 hours before I was given IV fluids. As a visitor to A&E this time, I have only praise for all the staff and for the system. From the doctor who insisted on testing for a possible underlying problem, to the phlebotomist and the other staff, my impression was of courtesy, genuine warmth and great professionalism. It was on a par with private treatment. Thank you.

26th June 2019

I am writing about the care that someone in my family has received recently. There is a nurse at the hospital who's care is absolutely diabolical. I am absolutely flabbergasted that she is a nurse and remains employed. I cannot stress enough how disgusting her care of the patient is and was. She shows absolutely no compassion for their condition or feelings. There have been numerous complaints raised about this nurse but she remains in her post. I would recommend a full investigation into the nurse in Urology. So I don't put the name on a public forum, I suggest that someone contacts me to discuss this further.

18th June 2019

Staff were always very good. The food, however, needs improvement.

18th June 2019

great care thank you

23rd May 2019

I have substantial experience of the medical care given within theEDGH, gained over the past twelve years. The primary depts have been urology (bladder cancer, treated successfully with surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy), cardiology and vascular surgery. At no time have I been treated with anything but courtesy care and kindness, and when it helped the most, humour and encouragement. It is difficult to think of anything which could have improved the treatments that I have been given. Perhaps a few more insights into processes and procedures?

{{category}} working at Eastbourne District General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Eastbourne District General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb33w