Croydon University Hospital

London Road, Croydon, England, CR7 7YE

22nd January 2019

the hospital was clean i stayed one and half day. nurses wear very kind and helpful and they were THERE. my doctors were kind and prepositional . Thank you all.

27th November 2018

Day Surgery Unit - no complaints before the operation - anaesthetist was really lovely and answered all my questions - minimal waiting around. Very efficient. Day Surgery After Care Ward - so disappointing - so little care. I was left with a banging headache and in desperate need of water. I hadn't had anything to drink for over three hours and I have a health condition that means I am more likely to suffer from dehydration. My specs and alarm button were both left out of my reach so I felt very vulnerable. After blindly managing to flag someone down I finally got some water and asked for pain relief which I never received. I was never offered food or a cup of tea even though I hadn't eaten for over 8 hours. I lay there for what seemed hours, needing more water and pain relief. When it became obvious I was very upset to the point of tears, and asking to go home, I was offered a cup of tea and given pain relief. This was later snatched away when I hadn't taken it straight away. (I think the adrenaline rush from being upset actually eased my pain). Later, it came back but I felt uncomfortable about asking the nurse for more. The ward toilet contained bins over-flowing with what looked like soiled sanitary towels. I was left feeling very sad about my experience. Maybe it was just me? I hope so.

7th September 2018

The hospital experience was excellent.

11th August 2018

The hospital staff were all very professional and friendly and caring, from the administrators to the nurses, surgeon, anesthetist, etc. I felt I was very well looked after throughout. The only small problem was that I was scheduled for an afternoon surgery but the confirmation of booking letter said I needed to be there in the morning for registration etc as well as the fasting rules based on the notion that I was having a morning surgery, when I arrived they were not able to say why I was given an early morning registration time, so I had to wait around for most of the day having not eaten or drank, where in actual fact I could have eaten and drank till a later cut off point given the actual time of the procedure (this is more of a scheduling matter then the service I received as I can not complain about the service at all, would recommend).

Contact Information

GP Support

Quality of life
Rating not given.
24th March 2018

Benny is amazing an asset to Mcmillian.

{{category}} working at Croydon University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Croydon University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4jm