Cransley Hospice

Cransley Hospice, 77 London Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 7PW

15th April 2016

Cransley is an excellent facility and my family and I have been pleased with the sensitive services provided by all staff. The provision for family visitors is also commendable. Some, I hope positive and possible, suggestions: 1. That ALL visitors, including outside professionals calling to meet relatives/read patient notes, are required to sign in so that meetings are not delayed. 2. I understand that you are currently changing some staff uniforms: it is a great help to families if they can know the role of every staff member - perhaps a leaflet on admission such as they have on Clifford Ward at KGH? 3. That HCS staff ask patients about hair washing - 3 weeks without is too long! 4. Although this is I suspect mainly the fault of KGH, my family and I have recently experienced a most inadequate lack of 'joined up ness' between palliative care in the hospital and the community. It may well be the lack of resources that causes palliative care to be inadequately funded - and less available due to staff holidays and on week-ends - but communications between agencies and the family of patients leaves much room for improvement. (I am willing to submit evidence if asked).