Conquest Hospital

The Ridge, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, England, TN37 7RD

« 1 2 3 4 »

15th March 2019

Some of the staff are good, though from my experience of surgery and follow up appointments, the majority of staff avoid direct and useful engagement. I was seen five hours late for my follow up appointment.

28th February 2019

My Dad has been going to The Conquest with pain to his Intercostal muscle (the muscle in-between the ribs) he's pinpointed the pain every time he has visited, the doctors (different one each time) have ignored his comments and ran tests for everything else under the sun, he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's, Cancer, Hernia to mention but a few, all of which are then quashed by the next Doctor he sees. The level of incompetency is alarming, my strong advice to you if you are forced to go here for a diagnosis is do as much research as possible online or in books, try to pin point the pain or symptoms and tell your doctor what you think it is, tell them clearly and say you'd like to run tests for this, if they dismiss your suggestion say you want them to put into writing that they refused to run test on you, this way they are legal viable and they are in a position to be prosecuted for their incompetency. I'm hoping that this approach will weed out the doctors with their dangerous, life threatening hubris. I'm not sure where my Dad can go now, I'm currently looking online to find a private specialist, we can't afford this but we have no choice, his health is deteriorating and we have to sell something to pay for treatment.

20th January 2019

Have had the misfortune to visit A&E at this hospital on 2 separate occasions, once for myself and once with my partner. Both times unfortunately at the weekend. This place is our worst nightmare and things we witnessed should be an embarrassment to any hospital. Both times we were there over 4.5 hours and left without diagnosis, treatment or any follow-up plan. In short, we went expecting at least alleviation or pain and/or explanation of symptoms and/or a diagnosis but received none of these. Some nurses were really great but in general most were brusque, rude and unhurried. The doctors were arrogant and condescending, didn't explain why and what they were doing and were not willing to answer questions. A&E was noisy, not due to patients but to staff calling and joking with one another, have social chats (we heard Pop Idol and making dates among other topics!!). We continually hear of the understaffed NHS but we witnessed staff sauntering around, joking with one another and sitting around eating. Sincere sympathy to anyone who has to use this A&E..... just make sure you take someone with you as a witness if you can, and get a hard copy report of what they did to take with you when you leave, so you can check that what's in it is a true reflection of what they actually did.

26th November 2018

The surgeon and all the staff were excellent. They communicated very well with each other and so ensured a reassuring and safe experience. Thank you to everyone involved.

28th April 2018

« 1 2 3 4 »

{{category}} working at Conquest Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Conquest Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3xv