Conquest Hospital

The Ridge, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, England, TN37 7RD

21st February 2020

I had a "reversal" operation for my ilescopy and could not fault the care, kindness of all the staff and cleaners on Gardiner Ward it was second to none and I cannot thank them enough - many thanks.

2nd February 2020

I fractured my wrist at about 0830, got to the hospital at 1040 and was back home by 1245 all plastered and with appointment for fracture clinic. A patient had a bleeding foot and kept walking about trailing blood. The staff including a doctor tried to clean it up quickly. Why was he not given a shoe cover so moving about it would not leave a trail? A & E staff were great dealing with some awkward patients and were well under the waiting time displayed of 2 hours. Thank you especially the ENP who gave me the diagnosis and plastered my arm

31st January 2020

My mum was taken to A&E via ambulance on Tuesday of this week. The speed, professionalism and care was second to none. The hospital was full and staff clearly pushed but didn't stop them explaining everything that was happening.

11th August 2019

Had to visit A & E on Sunday 4th August, 2019. I had had a fall the day before and wanted to have the very nasty wound dressed and get a tetanus injection as there were still traces of grit in the wound. We arrived at 8.45am and was seen almost immediately by a very nice male nurse from the Philippines (he had a ponytail - sorry we did not get his name). He was kindness itself as the wound was extremely tender. We cannot praise him enough for his compassion and care. He was very pleasant and the whole experience was one we will not forget. Thank you very much to that nurse.

20th January 2019

Have had the misfortune to visit A&E at this hospital on 2 separate occasions, once for myself and once with my partner. Both times unfortunately at the weekend. This place is our worst nightmare and things we witnessed should be an embarrassment to any hospital. Both times we were there over 4.5 hours and left without diagnosis, treatment or any follow-up plan. In short, we went expecting at least alleviation or pain and/or explanation of symptoms and/or a diagnosis but received none of these. Some nurses were really great but in general most were brusque, rude and unhurried. The doctors were arrogant and condescending, didn't explain why and what they were doing and were not willing to answer questions. A&E was noisy, not due to patients but to staff calling and joking with one another, have social chats (we heard Pop Idol and making dates among other topics!!). We continually hear of the understaffed NHS but we witnessed staff sauntering around, joking with one another and sitting around eating. Sincere sympathy to anyone who has to use this A&E..... just make sure you take someone with you as a witness if you can, and get a hard copy report of what they did to take with you when you leave, so you can check that what's in it is a true reflection of what they actually did.

26th November 2018

The surgeon and all the staff were excellent. They communicated very well with each other and so ensured a reassuring and safe experience. Thank you to everyone involved.

28th April 2018

26th January 2018

Great nursing staff

26th January 2018

The doctors are terribly arrogant and very old school bedside manners. Terrible! Nursing staff are great

17th January 2018

I was referred to the Conquest by my GP after noticing blood in my stools. Very quickly I had a CT scan and a Colonoscopy. Both of these depts. treated me with the utmost care and courtesy. As I suspected the results of these tests showed Bowel Cancer. My wife was encouraged to accompany me when the news was broken. The Surgeon I had been referred to Mr El-Dhuwaib reassured us and explained the procedure he was going to carry out, with Keyhole Surgery to speed up the recovery process. The Enhanced Recovery team then explained what to expect after the operation. This was done with the utmost kindness and understanding. After the operation which took 5-6hrs I then went to DeCham ward . There for 1 week I was visited by Mr El-Dhuwaib sometimes twice a day to check on my recovery. The Enhanced Recovery team encouraged me to move about as much as poss. The whole nursing staff of DeCham ward were really kind and caring and did everything possible to speed up my recovery. I was given several help line tel.nos. should I need help or advice after being discharged. Up to now I haven't needed to use this excellent service. My Wife and I have nothing but the greatest respect for the skill of the Surgeon and his team and all the nurses who made my experience at the Conquest all the more bearable. At times I felt like I was being treated in a Private Hospital. Allen Fuller

{{category}} working at Conquest Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Conquest Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3xv