Share review of Community Services - Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust

Share this review publicly on Twitter

Share this review with your friends on Facebook

Share this review with an individual via email

1st October 2021

From the point of making an appointment, reception and through to diagnosis, and has been exceptional. Not only for me, I observed the way others were sensitively and discreetly handled at the point of reception, greeted by the professionals and then taken to the clinician rooms. The nurse (Emma Jones) I met initially was the same I saw for treatment, displayed appropriate humour and humanity whilst getting the job done. She was humane. The Doctor (Dr Alam, Hahaad) was comfortable within himself, open to seeking guidance and yet make his own decision. I observed his working relationship with other staff where he maintained a professional interest in the subject, challenged appropriately and responded well to a nurse supporting him. He was professional. The Consultant (Dr Hooi), more than just an expert, with a strong personality and an abundance of personality, he shared and displayed his knowledge and skill in way that was for me; inclusive. With this level of leadership junior doctors and nurses will doubtless gain much, but none more so than the community. A giant amongst his profession. I don't know the names of the other healthcare professionals and staff - neither do I overlook their pleasant and open disposition that facilitated the calm atmosphere when all around them was in change and under pressure . The free WIFI helps if waiting for long and the proximity to the underground are both bonuses.

I understand that walk-in facilities have been suspended, hopefully these will return. I saw a number of potential patients arrive without appointment who were turned away (potentially untreated and undiagnosed). I did not observe if they were signposted (or where lacking capacity/capability assisted) to help ensure they received treatment. No idea about access issues and whilst wheelchairs would not have a problem gaining entry and those will sight issues would certainly need visual aid at the point of entry.

Experience