Report this review of Colchester General Hospital

10th February 2020

I was admitted to MercerWard on December 20th and needed immediate surgery to remove 1metre of dead intestine. I don’t remember a lot about that part but my grandson said they were amazing and it was all so efficient and fast. I was in hospital until the 8th January, due to complications but I ca say that the treatment was exceptional all the way through my stay. The other thing that was great, was the food. It always arrived piping hot and beautifully served up. Although all the nurses were amazing,kind and dedicated there were two that stood out. One was Cyril who was an absolutely dedicated nurse and so kind and compassionate. What a lovely man! Also there was Emma, who was kindness itself and made me feel comfortable in difficult situations. Always cheery and helpful, bless her. One lovely young lady. So thank you to the staff on Mercer Ward and thankyou for your care. God bless you all.