colchester-general-hospital

Colchester General Hospital

Turner Road, Colchester, England, CO4 5JL

9th March 2020

I had surgery for varicose veins. I have difficulty with needles and medical things generally. I shared this with the surgeon, Mr Mandal; I also told him I'd find it helpful to be introduced to the team in the operating theatre and to be told their names. He agreed and was also happy to put up a 'curtain', so I didn't see the surgery being carried out. And a nurse was next to me and we talked through most of the treatment. So, they acknowledged how I was feeling and were understanding and thoughtful. In the event it went ok.

10th February 2020

I was admitted to MercerWard on December 20th and needed immediate surgery to remove 1metre of dead intestine. I don’t remember a lot about that part but my grandson said they were amazing and it was all so efficient and fast. I was in hospital until the 8th January, due to complications but I ca say that the treatment was exceptional all the way through my stay. The other thing that was great, was the food. It always arrived piping hot and beautifully served up. Although all the nurses were amazing,kind and dedicated there were two that stood out. One was Cyril who was an absolutely dedicated nurse and so kind and compassionate. What a lovely man! Also there was Emma, who was kindness itself and made me feel comfortable in difficult situations. Always cheery and helpful, bless her. One lovely young lady. So thank you to the staff on Mercer Ward and thankyou for your care. God bless you all.

15th August 2019

My Admittance was quick and seen by nurses and doctors straight away Made the whole experience less scary and all put my mind at ease

3rd August 2019

First class service given to me explained every thing I needed to know

{{category}} working at Colchester General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Colchester General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3xe