Circle Reading

100 Drake Way, Reading, RG2 0NE

Written by
10th September 2022

I went in for a day case procedure. Scheduling seemed random and unplanned. Despite being asked to arrive at 7:30am, I had to wait a few hours for my procedure because they decided to start with other cases first. After care was a let down. I was discharged without medication and told to take whatever paracetamol or ibuprofen I had at home! No mention of how much or how often. I should have been told before the day of surgery to make sure I have pain medication at home if the hospital can't be bothered to provide it. A few days after surgery, I phoned in tears to let the nurse and Dr know that I was in excruciating pain despite taking paracetamol and ibuprofen, and was dismissed and told to keep taking paracetamol and that a lot of pain is normal! I couldn't even drink water because of the pain. I ended up going to the Royal Berkshire Hospital where I was given stronger pain medication and could finally bear to drink and take in soft foods. I will avoid Curcle Hospital in future.

Written by a NHS patient
7th August 2022

Had hip surgery here and couldn’t fault the surgeon, nurses or physiotherapy after care teams. The medical secretaries on the other hand were extremely rude bordering arrogant, such a shame as overall the hospital and staff are lovely!

15th March 2022

I had a procedure on my forearm four weeks ago at Circle Reading. Anaesthetics ,theatre staff and procedure was excellent. The day case admissions was chaotic and inefficient. I was first on the afternoon list, but was admitted last, so much so that the anaesthetist had to return and hurry things along. The nurse who eventually admitted me was lovely but was run ragged(not his fault!). This a ward with routine procedures, no emergencies so it should have worked liked clockwork. I’ve been a patient before and care has been excellent. Sadly that does not appear to be the case now. Trying to get discharged seemed a mammoth task, another nurse seemed intent on giving me wrong information. Fortunately, I’m blessed with common sense and medical knowledge so managed to extricate myself eventually. I thought you couldn’t go wrong with care at Circle- I was proved wrong and very disappointed.

11th February 2022

I had my hip arthroscopy this week with Mr Pollard. Everything went well and everyone was very friendly. Despite the fact I was very anxious everyone made me feel welcome and confident.

24th January 2022

Please refer to my Robert Almeyda review under R.B.H.

Written by a NHS patient
16th November 2021

All the nurses, technicians and all staff involved were friendly and reassuring. I felt confident and safe in the procedures I had done. Thank you all

Safe

{{category}} working at Circle Reading ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Circle Reading: http://iwgc.net/emvak