Chorley and South Ribble District General Hospital

Preston Road, Chorley, Lancashire, England, PR7 1PP

7th October 2020

Firstly, parking at this hospital is a joke. Good luck ever getting a space. Secondly, the staff are rude and clearly lacking soft skills. Thirdly, the blood clinic is always and I mean always overpopulated. There is designated social distanced seating outside yet you're told it can't be used as it's "unsafe" and "can you come back later?" Yes because I've got nothing better to do that spend hours in a day visiting this hospital with zero guarantee of blood being taken. Why on earth it's classed as a free for all instead of a small appointment slot makes no sense whatsoever, I guess that's a bit too cutting edge and radical for Chorley Hospital. I mean, could you imagine the idea of a booking process? Blows my mind. How is it unsafe to stand in a corridor metres away from anyone else? Clearly the staff here aren't comfortable with how clean the hospital is. This isn't the first problem i've had here, in fact every time I visit the experience is appalling without fail. If you can, avoid if at all possible, you'll thank me for it.

29th June 2020

I am writing with regard to receive a prescription from the I.B.D. nurses at Chorley Hospital. I spoke to a secretary on the 22nd of June and requested medication, I rang back again this morning 29th June and the secretary was quite abrupt and said I would need to speak to the I.B.D. nurse myself. The issue I have got is that I was given a telephone number from the nurse when I first got this medication and was told to always ring this number for repeat meds. So I dont really know who I am supposed to call. This has been ongoing the whole time I have been on this medication, I do get them eventually but it is so frustrating because they seem to want to pass it over to someone else all the time. I am only doing what I am told to do, but I am made to feel like I am wasting their time. I cannot fault chorley hospital or its staff for the care I have received over the years. But the people that work in administration make you feel like you should not ring them, I appreciate that they are busy but what are you supposed to do when you are running out if the medication.

{{category}} working at Chorley and South Ribble District General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Chorley and South Ribble District General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3wk